KW DDC or Ford OEM Dampers

Home Forums Performance Handling KW DDC or Ford OEM Dampers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@71bda Mike (Fake name)

I wish you wouldn’t resort to name calling I’m filling up and my bottom lip is quivering, I don’t know if I can continue……………….

Right I’ve wiped my eyes with some Kleenex had a sip of cold water

Correction 1 –

I Never said you went to the Philippines looking for young children YOU just said that. I said “Don’t they look young”

Correction 2 –

I said “you can’t do fuel injection properly”YOU said “you fuck up peoples engines”

Didn’t he take his engine to Sherwoods after you failed 4 times to do his injection ???? They did it in one by the way?

Correction 3 –

I only repeated what “you have previously said about erm your holidays”

Correction 4 –

I have not once compared or brought up Tractive or DSC in this thread “YOU have”

It’s as the title says KW or OEM. If I did bring up Tractive it would be so unfair to KW, so I deliberately haven’t.

I have only compared the two dampers that have the “same reaction speed on damper valves” 30 m/s and the almost identical damper curve as the OEM.

So yes, taking into account the above I do think it’s a fair comparison and a valid one people should know as £2.5k for matched, perfectly matched springs is a lot of money in my book.

It still doesn’t sink into your head you and only you and the massive chip you have on 9Designs and DSC is very very obvious to all. Since you failed at trying to bully 9 out of the forum you then tried to discredit him and when that failed you rubbished the DSC box until DSC put you on your arse

So BDA Gather ur Cote and do one Mike Fake name

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@mdc

PLEASE READ ALL THE CORRECTIONS of I like to play the victim…………..

Mike Fake name 71BDA just likes to play the victim for example he said about children I did not

He threatened me abour coming to my place of work and home and he has my number starting to quiver again, say the same to him and BAM it’s all wrong bda is a victim not the instigator hmmmm their loads more but if I’m bored you must be nodding off

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

dogbone
    Participant

UK - England

Guys, please, you have your own thread for this.  No need to take threads off topic…

Magnetic   FPM375   DSC Controller  Tractive suspension  EBC discs with Yellow Stuff

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

what on earth are you talking about? I think you have been busy googling and maybe think I’m some famous engine builder by the name of gathercole? Wrong, and regarding fuel injection and someone taking their engine to sherwoods? Seriously you are stone cold barking up the wrong tree.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Bored of you Mike Fake name you send me to sleep ????????

@dogbone

Sorry  you are right but please look and notice who actually started this off topic ………. erm the victim 71BDA as with every topic concerning DSC, Tractive or In this case OEM v KW. I was perfectly happy to discuss just KW and OEM.

I’ll just ignore the little dweeb from now on ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

Is there any feedback from owners that have fitted tractive with dsc

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Tractive & DSC simply summed up:

Its Awesome!!!!! Takes the car to a whole new level

Just using a DSC controller and OEM shocks makes a big difference.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by white-rs2.

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

so getting back to the thread and not squabbles!

i might have missed this with the distractions, but has anyone here had new OEM shocks fitted or tested?

a friend of mine tested old shocks versus new (he bought) and got differences. science apart he swears the new stock shocks are better especially on long journeys because he no longer gets back fatigue!

the new shocks came out in 2018. i think he paid about £1400 all in for the newer ford shocks.

can anyone add to this?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Reported on the US sites that the later have a new part number and ride a little better/softer.

Is it better to buy slightly improved  but still limited Ford dampers or put the money towards something far better from the aftermarket offerings?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I jumped from a December 2016 car to a February 2018 and the ride is similar but much more compliant.

Using the DSC controller with the newer shocks made the car much more erm ………… comfortable in Normal mode.

But Track and Sport lost the pogo and that harsh jiggle and bounce. Making both settings road usable.

When cornering you nearly go round it completely flat loosing nearly all the body roll.

The DSC box and the later suspension makes for a good ride and then when you want to, it turns the RS into a track car on the road.

The handling and ride is some steps above a car without DSC.

Going to the full DSC Tractive setup is THE package to buy for the suspension but it’s pretty expensive, but reassuringly so. With brilliant aftercare and support

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Totally disagree about the new shocks being different to the old. I did a back to back road test in my 2016 against a friend’s 2018 edition. Same roads, speeds, etc. My friend did the same driving mine and his. We couldn’t tell the difference. If any thing the older car felt slightly more compliant probably because the suspension had bedded in more. I think people fool themselves because they’ve spent so much more money and want to justify their decision.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by RS77.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Forget about the DSC the ride, that just improves on the standard either early or later OEM damped car.

No DSC

I drove approx 110 miles in a 2016 Dec car then an hour later drove another 110 miles in a 2018 Feb car and which I think is a reasonable distance for a comparison.

The ride was far more compliant in the later car and less of a jiggle and that harshness had mostly been worked out.

Also on the USA forum a first gen damper and a later set front damper had been dismantled to find different shimming inside.

Also why have two part numbers for dampers you are saying are the same makes no sense. As the early and later dampers have different part numbers.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I’m not going to get into an argument with you about this. I was simply reporting the views of myself and an Edition owner. The rides felt identical to us. Believing it or not is up to you. Anyhow, as I said I won’t be continuing to debate this with you as I’ve better things to do with my time.

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

everything is subjective…. standard shocks with mountune springs for me. i have a dsc too but do not want to start another to dsc or not to dsc debate.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@RS77

its not an argument just stating facts that’s all.

Again later shocks found to have different internals and oh yes a different part number fact.

If you think stating facts is an argument pick up your handbag and leave via the door please ??????

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to KW DDC or Ford OEM Dampers. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!