Lack of brakes after cleaning

Home Forums Performance Brakes Lack of brakes after cleaning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

paulie
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hi folks after cleaning the car today that brake pedal travelled nearly to the floor and serious lack of stopping power. Took it around the block slowly and suddenly they’re back. Checked the fluid and it’s not moved, anyone else experienced this?

WAWRS.
    Participant

UK - Wales

No pal not experienced that with mind and I wash it alot .

Had a Frozen White RS

Then a

Red Edition RS  

Went away to sample others before realising where my heart lies

Now have a

Nitrous Blue Edition RS 💙 

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Nor me, also wash allot….?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nope not me either

Honorary Member

paulie
    Participant

UK - Wales

Bollocks, looks like a phone call to the dealer in the morning. I’ll get them to pick it up too although they seem okay now can’t be too careful

faber
    Participant

France

Ditto for me no weird concern as a problem.

Gel DMB / Pieces carbone AWMODS / Frein a main carbone RS / Bouton carboneRS / Peinture noir mat pavillon + coques rétroviseur + clignotant séquentielle black / Feu arrières séquentielle black / Antenne courte sparco / Protection ceinture RS / Roue forgées avec sigle RS / Pneus Michelin pilot sport 4s / Bandeau Ford Performance / Garniture carbVone tableau de bord / Vérins de capot moteur / Ligne Scorpion embout inox / Système télécommande de soupape JPperformance / Kit induction Mountun / Kit secondaire Mountune / Durite noire Moutune / Filtre Moutune v2 / Chambre d’insonorisation Moutune / Valve Mountune / Kit durites d’échangeur Mishomoto / Plaquettes freins Ferodo 2500 / Garde de boue Mountune / Stage2 BRPerformance 397 cv et 617 couple / Bougies NGK Iridium / Bras de changement de vitesse Mountune / Vase d’expansion Mishimoto noir /plaque denumérotation n°16417/lampe d’eau couleur blanche RS/plaque feu de frein arrière Ford performance/échangeur Mishimoto +durite Silicon Mishimoto/plaque Ford Performance immatriculation

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

My pedal sometimes goes a little harder after washing mine off but once ive braked once they feel fine again, never had it go to the floor

paulie
    Participant

UK - Wales

I imagine they’ll try and say it’s because my rear pads were 80% worn at the last service just before Christmas, but I’ll respond with the cars braking system is flawed then allowing that much travel in  the pedal without it being metal on metal

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I have had the same experience as crocket81 hard pedal after washing no retardation but all is good after that. And I suspect that’s down to water.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

did you jet wash the caliper area?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Phil RS
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve had that once or twice on every car I’ve had. I’ve always put it down to using strong soaps and the jet wash. The arse nips when I go to use the brakes at the T junction at the end of the road. After washing I have to drive straight off. I don’t think it would do it if the car stood to dry out

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Which is why went you drive through a ford you should apply your brakes to make sure there working preferably prior to a tee junction.

Coastliner

paulie
    Participant

UK - Wales

@71-bda no but a strong pressure hose pipe, I did give the wheels a good blast with degreaser though.

I’ve not had it with any of the other cars though

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve noticed that arse twitch moment after a wash and nearing a t junction! By brake pedal doesn’t go through the floor though and immediately afterwards, the brakes are fine.

My mrs’ Cmax is the same. I’ve always out it down to the snow foam etc.

NB FPM375

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Paulie if i use wheel cleaner / fallout cleaner i get a delayed response to the breaks, but thats just crap on the pads and disc’s and is gone in no time.

I’d get a set of pads all round, change then check it…? Its not worth the stress with main dealers ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Lack of brakes after cleaning. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!