Lack Of RS's

Home Forums Regional Ireland Lack Of RS's

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mrdream169uk
    Participant

UK - England

I have just come back from a trip to the emerald island visiting several places in Southern and Northern Ireland.

I have to admit I only ever saw one NB RS in Newry at the weekend on standard NI number plates.

When I arrived back in the ferry port at Dublin the guy at the check in desk said these are like rocking horse s@@t over here due to the high tax you guys have to pay for one and the very expensive insurance, how true no idea ?? He wanted to film me doing a simulated Launch, so how could I resist 🙂

I did drive past several Ford dealers again in both Southern and Northern Ireland but not one had one inside or outside so the guy could be right that Ireland were just priced out of owing a great car due to the prohibitive charges.

Good thing about Dublin though was the cheap Petrol compared to the UK and was shocked to see Diesel is even cheaper at nearly a £1 per litre at yesterday’s standard exchange rates.

One thing I didn’t like when driving down the Irish M1 was that the road surface is so harsh with lots of road noise as the tarmac is not smooth whatsoever.

Final thing to say what a lovely and friendly country all round though was a pleasure to drive several 100’s of miles during last week

Stephen Casey
    Participant

Ireland

Mr. Dream,

You should have come down to Cork, the real capital, there is 4 to 5 RS in the Cork city area.

As for the dealers, as far as I know, may be wrong in saying this, but there are only 3 Ford dealerships allowed to sale the RS or Mustang in Ireland, they are in Cork, Dublin and I think Donegal.

So the next time you are over, call down to Cork.

The M8 motorway has a nicer road surface. Just watch out for the un-marked Garda(Police) cars. As I found out the hard way, they general sit in the outside lane. So if you see a car following you in the outside lane and not over taken, chances are that is an un-marked car.

Hope the weather was good, it does rain here some times :).

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

here’s four big meaty ones..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Lack Of RS's. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!