Laquer Peel

Home Forums Styling Wheels Laquer Peel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jamieandsamcars
    Participant

UK - England

Hi, I my RS had winter tyres fitted on the forge alloys as it was in Switzerland ( its the law ) . Now changed the tyres back to original Michelin but one of the wheels has some laquer peel!

Was the forged alloys originally lacquered, I bought the car two weeks ago but knew about this before I bought it.

Thanks

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

As far as I know the Black Forge Wheels where not lacquered. If you go to Halfords you can buy a touch up or spray to repair your wheels. You require Halfords Satin Black paint

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@jamieandsamcars

Morning mate!! I’ve just recently had all 4 Forged Alloys replaced under warranty for blistering under the paint and one small patch had actually lifted away. Have you got a pic of the wheel to see if it’s the same issue as I had??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Jamieandsamcars
    Participant

UK - England

This is a photo of the laquer peel I have.

Jamieandsamcars
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

wow ! and actually wow.  I reckon someones had that lacquered to try and tidy up the wheel(s) looking at the tiny chips I have on mine it seems all I have  is a thin spray of black over what appears to be a white? undercoat/primer, then the alloy itself underneath. No way has it that kind of depth your pic shows ! How many miles had the car done before you bought it? and a 2016 registered car?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yeah, must agree, that looks like the lacquer has been added. Here’s a pic of my old alloy where the paint had lifted and there’s no sign of a layer of lacquer…..

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Jamieandsamcars
    Participant

UK - England

I should point out that there is no tiny little chips it’s dry particles of wax from buffing.

Car has done 13,000 miles 1 owner who has been living in Switzerland.

All other wheels are ok and I can’t tell if they have been lacquered , I will have a closer look.

Thanks Guys

tomrs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Good Morning Brembo,

I had been reading your experience with wheel blistering and I have noticed same issue (photo attached) showing problem. Like yourself all my wheels are showing sign signs of bubbling and small blisters on the surface. The paint finish is very poor. Photos have been taken and Ford Parks Stirling are gong to raise issue with Ford. I hope like you I can get the wheels replaced under warranty, my car is also white and was registered in 2018. Thanks for letting us all know how you got on with your claim. Cheers Tom Wheel Bubbling under surface

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I think these Chinese made alloys must of been infected with an early version of  ” Corrosion virus-19″

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

The black wheels are shocking quality(finish) The standard silver are much better.

Coastliner

tomrs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

totally 71-bda, we should have known well in advance anything coming from china was going to give us grief lol

tomrs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

The quality of the paint is shocking, should never have been put on the RS, you pay extra and you get crap wheels. I await outcome from ford to get them replaced under warranty.

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

No issues here 2016 sept car 🤔🤫

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Laquer Peel. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!