Leaky brake pipes

Home Forums Performance Brakes Leaky brake pipes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

My RS had the scheduled oil change yesterday. It was the seventh at 140,000 km. Then there was the dashboard warning (red) about low brake fluid level. Inspection revealed two leaky brake pipes at the front. Master mechanic said they got too hot. (@71-bda: heat soak anyone?) Apparently I was driving in race mode too often. Anyway, I need to bring the car in again since they had no stock of those pipes. I wonder what the bill will look like πŸ˜‰

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Frenk, how unlucky, not sure having it in race (track) mode has anything to do with it😹. Hope you get it sorted out asap πŸ‘

Honorary Member

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Seems like a good time to upgrade your lines.

These are never in stock –

Braided Brake Line Upgrade [Mk3 Focus RS]

So get something similar Goodridge or HEL

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the β€œM” maps suck

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Short update.

Car went into the shop this morning for new brake lines. Then I had a good sunny walk home since it is only one mile away. After an hour the master mechanic rings me up: “Where is the safety wheel nut?”

Duh! You never stop learning! πŸ™„

I had removed the foam tray in the boot to transport a bulky item. Therefore, the nut was at home in the car park cupboard. Alas, the key for it was in the car… πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
    So I had to rummage in the drawer amongst the spare keys first. Fortunately, I have got an E-bike. It’s a RWD with 2 bhp, 10 mechanical gears and 5 electric. Job done in a minute. πŸ˜„

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Alright. Everything is sorted. Oil and brakes for the next 20,000. 🀘😎

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Leaky brake pipes. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!