Litchfield stage 1 on the way

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Litchfield stage 1 on the way

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Mok1st
    Participant

Denmark

just got confirmation from Litchfield that my accessport will get programmed and dispatched today.

Is it normal at the age 34 to feel this excited about a package?

I asked them if they could use “beam me up scotty” fast delivery…

ebgb
    Participant

UK - England

Haha nice one @Mok1st let us know what it’s like once you get it & install it.

I really want to get the Litchfield (I’ve heard good things about them) & think I’ll be excited too (& I’m 44!) ?

Magnetic RS, just Sunroof & door protectors away from top spec. Factory standard for now but looking to upgrade to Mountune FPM375 & other mods once the recall has been done

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Have you a standard car at present ?

Mok1st
    Participant

Denmark

Sure thing ebgb… i’ll share my thoughts when i get it stalled.

just got a K&N airfilter in the mail aswell. Think i’ll install that before the tune just to test if a filter alone can make a noticable change in the feel/behavior of the engine.

Mok1st
    Participant

Denmark

Yeah Robroy, bone stock. Only mod so far is the jcr lowered seat frame. I’m on the tall side of 6’8.

And then ofcourse installing the k&n filter i just mentioned.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I think you will be suitable impressed then !

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Only heard good things about the Litchfield package.

Let us know how you get on once you get it installed!

Mok1st
    Participant

Denmark

It’s installed…

This how it should have come from factory. Now you finally get the kick in the but we so desperately long for from the stock car. And it keeps pulling much longer up the rev range. Feels amazing and flat foot shifting is awesome.

To all considering doing the same – Just do it…

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I  haven’t been brave enough to try the flat foot shift

adams901
    Participant

UK - England

Haven’t even got my car yet, but have used Cobb access port on a previous car.

Are you able to load the stock map back onto the car without ford knowing ? Do t want to cause any warranty issues

I’ve read a few stories about problems with engines, is there any danger running a generic stage 1 map (by generic i mean not tuned specifically for your car/engine).

Mountune recirc valve- Mountune roll restrictor – Mountune SSC – Mountune PTU Brace – Mishimoto induction kit – MSD 400 running at 395bhp – 420lb/ft (according to devil devopments Dyno)

Mok1st
    Participant

Denmark

Robroy: it’s very smooth and feels awesome… Just do it.

Adams: I’m no expert, but there are loads of stock engines tuned waay more than a stage1 with just an airfilter like mine. But you would of course then need more bolt ons.

why would you use a generic map over a map made specific for your car? ?‍♂️

The cobb unit saves your stock factory map before loading the tuned map and you can easily revert back to stock. Don’t know if ford can see it if they dig deep enough

Simon Gillespie
    Participant

UK - England

By ‘Generic map’ I think he means it’s shipped to you rather than dyno tuned and tweaked your actual car; Which I believe Litchfield also do.

Glad to hear your experience with Litchfield has been positive. I’m torn between them and staying safe with Mountune as their HQ is only around the corner from me.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Litchfield are only here, to me their worth the 2hours 40 drive each way for a custom map

High Field Farm House

Tewkesbury Road

Deerhurst

GL19 4BP

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

andyf
    Participant

United Kingdom

why would you use a generic map over a map made specific for your car?

did you get a specific map for your car after data logging. If so then I think the term nowadays is you have a custom tune.

if you’ve just purchased a Cobb accessport from litchfield then you have a generic map for the Focus RS, same as buying a Mountune accessport, dreamscience imap etc. Difference is the map will have been developed by litchfield on their car rather than yours so it’s a generic map for a focus rs’s if that makes sense.

for a custom map for your specific car would be done by data logging, sending data to the mapper and getting a map sent to you or going to the mapper and have them map the car on the road or a Dyno.

im no expert but that’s how I see it and happy to be corrected.

Mok1st
    Participant

Denmark

Ah, I see now… I totally misunderstood “generic map” then. I don’t mind looking stupid as long as I learn from it. 😀

When i read specific, I read specific for the focus RS engine.

I did send datalogs to Litchfield and they said that all parameters was perfect and that the engine  was  – and i quote – very happy with the tune. So I guess a generic map – from Litchfield at least – is more than fine to run with.

Had the car on a dyno during an event a few weeks ago and it put out 372ish crank hp in fwd mode. The torque was around 570 Nm. The guy said that their dyno normally reads a little low, so he thought that 390 hp did sound about right.

Just for info I run on 100 Ron petrol only.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Litchfield stage 1 on the way. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!