litchfield stage 2 dyno results

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU litchfield stage 2 dyno results

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

Ahh ok I thought you had taken it to Litchfield for the map to be tweaked. They say stage 2 has exhaust and inter cooler etc so I’m guessing they mean theirs and whilst it’s in custom map. If I went stage 2 and didn’t use their hardware, I’d have it done to suit my car at their HQ

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening!!

Litchfield Stage 2 is designed for full cat back Exhaust (free-flowing not standard),  100 Cell Cat, Intercooler, uprated Air intake minimum. I’d advise having all these parts fitted then run the Stage 2 map, do some data-logging to fine tune!! All good!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

i think with the cobb unit the worst thing is it wont record the 0-60 if it detects wheelpin

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

muzzie
    Participant

UK - England

<p>Does anyone know what inter cooler Litchfield use in their stage 2 package? I’ve got a Remus exhaust on order and I want to order the correct inter cooler so I can do the mods progressively. This way it wont feel like a big hit on the banks account and I can save some cash by installing these myself.  </p>

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

@muzzie the intercooler is there own and I believe the downpipe is milltek but modified to 100cel from 200. Ive got the remus exhaust and currently saving to have the stage 2 fitted!

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@muzzie

Afternoon mate!! I got the Remus Cat-Back and Milltek 100 Cell Cat from Litchfield, don’t think they do the 100 Cell Cat anymore so you’ll have to get a 200 Cell Cat or De-cat. I fitted all the parts myself. Not sure which Intercooler Litchfield supply, but it doesn’t really matter mate as long as it’s a decent one. Once you load their Map you do some Data Logging and send it off then the Map gets tweaked to your particular vehicle and set up. I went for the ETS Intercooler from the Club shop. ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

Had a invoice sent to me a few weeks ago and it lists a 100cel downpipe listed on it!

muzzie
    Participant

UK - England

<p>Thanks for the reply, I’m torn between the ETS, Mishimoto or the Airtec. The Airtec is a really good deal and will save some cash, but I want to check if this was false economy / future proof? I’ll look into the Milltek 200 Cell CAT, thanks for the info.  </p>

muzzie
    Participant

UK - England

<p>Stupid question (sorry), but what the difference between 100 dell and 200? Do I need the standard system version to fit the Remus exhaust? Last question if I went to the de-cat route, would that effect the emission test when I got for an MOT (in 6 months) and would have to swap back every 12 months etc..  Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance </p>

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

I’m not sure on airtec, they must be cheap for a reason, I wouldn’t trust the longevity personally. Difference with downpipes, the lower the cell the more flow/less restriction, de-cat will fail mot and they supply a adapter to fit the remus exhaust!

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

My stage 2 tuned at litchfield

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

@rsgaz would love to hear your feedback on the map, did you upgrade from stock? how big is the jump?

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

@mooncat

no mate, I started off like most people with mountune 375 but then the bug bites and you want more,

i then went to mountune m400 which felt ok at first but you then realise it’s a bit of a “safe” map, like it’s ok but never pushing the boundaries,

so then I went with the dreamscience ultima 2 and then the 2+, this was a very good map, much more powerful than the

MT m400, but it had what I can only describe as a slight hesitation on acceleration, and it just bugged me.

so after doing a lot of reading I decided to go down the route of a custom map, I knew litchfield maps were constantly doing very well at dyno days so decided to go with their stage 2, I already had all the recommended parts fitted since m400, I’ve seen people running big maps with standard parts, not something I would do.

so I’d done about 4 runs of data logging which got me to around 409bhp, but I decided to change the crossover pipe and filter to an airtec with a group A filter, so though I may as well book in and have it finished off properly over at litchfield.

i came away with just shy of 417 which I’m pleased with, it’s definitely the best map I’ve used.

i wouldn’t go any high with the power on the standard internals, but I am looking to get it forged in the future.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@muzzie I was going decat but went for scorpion 200 cell, can’t be bothered with hassle. And if insurance gets nitty gritty for whatever reason your insurance is void… I did look at putting a straight pipe bypass in but not much room and not sure temps involved for flap so close to cat ??

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

@rsgaz Thanks for the feedback mate! wow you’re the perfect person to ask after having all those different map’s. Yeah I wouldn’t go any higher without forging either, such a shame it costs so much bloody money! Just done my first track day and I’ve fallen love with the car again its just lacking that straight line punch so hopefully Litchfield will do the trick!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to litchfield stage 2 dyno results. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!