litchfield stage 2 dyno results

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU litchfield stage 2 dyno results

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@mooncat

Must agree with @rsgaz whole heartedly!! The Litchfield Stage 2 is a great map!! I’ve done about 16,000 miles on it with all recommended hardware and it’s awesome!! ??.

I’m also stuck at the 410 ish BHP until I strengthen the Engine Internals!! Lol!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

Thank’s @brembo, that’s reassuring that you’ve done those miles and the engine is still good!

coatesy1
    Participant

UK - England

2018 car 20k miles on the cloak, first 5k miles remapped on ultima 2 the rest on litchfield stage 2 ots and not one problem so far

philf1
    Participant

UK - England

I’m going stage 2 soon, my warranty expires in December so good time to change, and a bit torn between litchfield and Revo

i contacted litchfield and they tell me they use the airtek intercooler no pipe upgrade and no intake mods  they suggest the milltek sport cat downpipe

revo seems to claim slightly more BHP and torques if you use all their hardware

which would you guys recommend litchfield or Revo?

Please check out and subscribe to my Instagram 

Check out my sons detailing website if you’re in the West Yorkshire area https://tphdetails.com/

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Personally Litchfield ?. For what I wanted at that time.

But that’s as far as you can go with Litchfield as they aren’t interested if you want more than Stage2 with a custom map.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

philf1
    Participant

UK - England

Well I’ve taken the plunge and paid my deposit to Lichfield for stage 2 upgrade. this is what I’ve ordered

milltek sport cat downpipe

milltek non res cat back exhaust

airtec intercooler black with blue stencil black boost pipe and nitrous hoses

airtec stage 2 intake black pipe and nitrous hoses

looking forward to fitting sometime in January

Check out my sons detailing website if you’re in the West Yorkshire area https://tphdetails.com/

rs-kel
    Participant

UK - England

looking forward to hearing your review 🙂

philf1
    Participant

UK - England

Fitting date booked 2nd January. Can’t wait now. I’ll post a review once I’ve done a few miles on it although the drive back from Cheltenham to Yorkshire will be fun just got to work out a decent route

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

If your going down to Litchfield for fitting, have you booked some dyno time to perfect the map to your car ?

Well worth it. As generic map gave me a 401bhp, the custom map was way better.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Why did you discount Dreamscience Phil?. I’ve only heard good things and it would be much closer if any issues crop up.

philf1
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2 they haven’t offered that. I’ll give them a call see what they have to say. what did the custom map give?

@DaveRS3
    was just a personal thing I know DS are in Hull so would have been far closer but I’ve not heard anything negative about Litchfield so just plumped for them even though they are certainly not the cheapest.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

It gave a noticeable jump over the original maps 401 well worth the hour on the rollers ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

philf1
    Participant

UK - England

So I’ve had the stage 2 remap and hardware upgrades installed. I asked about the dyno when I arrived but they said it was a pretty standard map so wouldn’t really benefit from it.

I was very impressed with the service received from Litchfield who kept me informed throughout the process. They even found that Ford had messed up a couple of studs on the turbo, presumably when they did the head gasket and left the engine in a right mess, they replaced them with some GTR studs, so I now have a hybrid Ford RSGTR!

Despite it taking two full days to do the work driving away I knew straight away that I’d made the right decision. Unfortunately due to it being late and dark I came home by motorway rather than any back roads.

The map has transformed the car, more power all across the rev range now and the sports cat and exhaust have made the car sound awesome, should have been like this from the factory in my opinion. Not sure what the neighbours think at 6.30 when I start it up but they’ll get over it, maybe. More pops and bangs and they are so loud now I absolutely love it.

I’ll do a more detailed review once I’ve had chance to have some more spirited drives on some local B roads, if the weather improves anytime soon.

In the meantime I would certainly recommend this upgrade if you are considering it.

philf1
    Participant

UK - England

So I’ve had the stage 2 remap and hardware upgrades installed. I asked about the dyno when I arrived but they said it was a pretty standard map so wouldn’t really benefit from it.

I was very impressed with the service received from Litchfield who kept me informed throughout the process. They even found that Ford had messed up a couple of studs on the turbo, presumably when they did the head gasket and left the engine in a right mess, they replaced them with some GTR studs, so I now have a hybrid Ford RSGTR!

Despite it taking two full days to do the work driving away I knew straight away that I’d made the right decision. Unfortunately due to it being late and dark I came home by motorway rather than any back roads.

The map has transformed the car, more power all across the rev range now and the sports cat and exhaust have made the car sound awesome, should have been like this from the factory in my opinion. Not sure what the neighbours think at 6.30 when I start it up but they’ll get over it, maybe. More pops and bangs and they are so loud now I absolutely love it.

I’ll do a more detailed review once I’ve had chance to have some more spirited drives on some local B roads, if the weather improves anytime soon.

In the meantime I would certainly recommend this upgrade if you are considering it.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to litchfield stage 2 dyno results. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!