Litchfield vs Mountune

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Litchfield vs Mountune

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Even though it has a map on it you’ll still need to have it mapped again to your car. It’s also for sale on another forum and I pointed out that the price was a little high when he was asking for £500. It has been mapped with Litchfield but again I think it’s useless and you’ll need to spend a further £250 for a Litchfield stage 1 map. I’d make an offer of £300

mky-77
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi again Brembo,it just says cobb Accessport with Litchfield stag 1 map doesn’t say v2 or v3 think auction ends tomorrow ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@s66anb

How sure are you that this won’t work on his car?? I’m not 100% but I was under the impression that as long as I removed my Litchfield map from my car and it was stored in the Accessport I could upload it to another RS??

@mky-77

Do you have a link to this item??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

mky-77
    Participant

UK - Scotland

S66anb thanks for your input, good information,will need to look into this a bit further ?

mky-77
    Participant

UK - Scotland

mky-77
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I just asked the guy which is it v2 or v3 and he confirmed it’s a v3?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@mky-77

Yeah it’s a V3 mate!! I think it’s good to go but wouldn’t like you to order it and it not to work!! What I’d do if I was you, just to be 100% sure, is phone Litchfield first thing in the morning and ask them!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

mky-77
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I asked the guy himself will try and post a link of what he said?

mky-77
    Participant

UK - Scotland

New message from: christopher.neeves (283 )
    No that’s not true

It’s plug and play, and has there generic stage 1 map suitable for any stock mk3 rs. My car has never been to litchfield I bought as plug and play over the phone and it all worked well. I then uninstalled the map and put the stock map back on car and sold the car.

It would only have to be redone if you carried out other mods like induction or full exhaust which would then need either a stage 2 map or custom remap which is where 250£ comes from.

My new car can’t use a cobb otherwise I would be keeping it.

Regards

Your previous message

Thank u quick reply ,some people r saying that it might have to be redone by Litchfield for about £250 is that the case ? Or just plug and play?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@mky-77

That’s what I thought mate!! You gonna go for it?? Offer him £350 and see what he says!!

Cheers, Marc.

mky-77
    Participant

UK - Scotland

??

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

If it’s an off the shelf map like dreamscience offer then I’d imagine it’ll be fine. However I don’t see Litchfield offering OTS maps so I’d imagine it’ll need to be mapped again to your car. They’ll just have you do some data log runs and you’ll receive revised maps. I’m sure it works out to £750 if you buy direct from Litchfield with the stage 1 package. You’ll be saving yourself £100 if you purchase this handset off eBay then paying out the £250 for the stage 1 map. If it were me I’d pay the extra £100 for peace of mind. I still think it should be a bit cheaper I’d happily pay £300 for a 2nd hand one but no more than that.

Best call Litchfield themself and finding out exactly what they offer and go from there.

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@brembo i think he possibly will be able to upload the map but Litchfield have every owner perform data logs to the car. If it’s a generic map then they wouldn’t do this. It could be fine but could also end in tears with a hefty engine build. He might get away with doing a set of data logs and ask Litchfield to confirm if it’s ok but I’d imagine they’ll tell him he’ll need to pay the 250 and start a fresh.

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Just read this.

It’s plug and play, and has there generic stage 1 map suitable for any stock mk3 rs

If it is a generic map then it’ll be fine. But again contact Litchfield to be safe.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@s66anb

When I got my COBB Accessport from Litchfield with Stage 2 map they didn’t ask me to do any Data Logging although you can Data Log and that is free for the first 12 months. So I’m under the impression that their maps are sent out to customers all the same, obviously Stage 1 and Stage 2 are different, but until the customer uploads the software and does some data logging then sends the file off and reinstalls the altered software, that’s when the map will be altered for a certain vehicle. But I’m not 100% sure if the standard map stays on the COBB and the updates run separate or if the standard map is altered??

@mky-77

A quick call to Litchfield just to be 100% sure. Also, ask the guy who’s selling it if he did any data logging??

Cheers, Marc.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Litchfield vs Mountune. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!