Looks Like Mountune Will Not Honour Existing Warranties

Home Forums Performance General Looks Like Mountune Will Not Honour Existing Warranties

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Having had a friend contact Mountune over warranty work basically told to get stuffed as that part of the company no longer exists.

It’s now the Fred own independent workshop in the same space same staff as the old Mountune shop.

So basically Mountune have just given all the M450 / M520 owner the middle finger 🖕.

Thank you Mountune for being consistently “average” on the Mk3 and this latest news runs to that performance.

PS “Average” was being kind 👍

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Would take someone more cleaver than me to advise however I would of thought as it’s a change of ownership and the Mountune company on companies house not changing then I would of thought any warranty would have to be valid however a warranty only as good as the paper it’s written on, if they don’t want to pay they will blame the owner or another part causing malfunction. Not saying Mountune like that as never used them but we all been there with warranty’s!

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

This should answer it :

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

David Mountune is nothing to do with the old, and the old still have not filled… The Mountune 2 was incorporated in September 2020 and has a different registration number.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Im no expert but, it looks like he’s set up new.. acquired old assets / or stock so on… the old will disappear, along with any liabilities to that limited company?

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@gm sounds about right but impossible to do and keep credibility, also makes you wonder what ford will do with warranties on cars with MT stuff fitted

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Fred now independent mountune installer working from same workshop

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

That’s why I’ve chosen not to use mountune parts except a couple like the ptu and am getting car mapped by MSD. Got mishimoto parts to be fitted soon.
    didn’t really want to take chance or risk with mountune .

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Tall Paul evening mate 👍 Being a Discontinued Focus RS, MT don’t really give a toss about all what we have done and bought. Compared to the Fiesta and VW models and even the ST’s the RS market is quite small. Going forward i bet their new strategy will be mass sale of parts to those areas. Really shit tho, as i know a few guys who have spent large sum’s with them and still have on going major issues.

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@GM evening Gethyn 👍 fjrs aren’t on companies house yet makes you wonder who the directors are when it is, mountune web site still on the go. There’s been many changes within the company before

its quite clever because fjrs now do mot’s and on their website is a legal bit that says manufacturers can’t stop you getting your car serviced elsewhere under cars warranty so I think they’re hoping to get under warranty servicing off ford owners taking that work off local ford dealerships

Mountune have quite publicly advertised the   Changes with mountune, he doesn’t have a leg to stand on legally  for under warranty work he either has to get it done or get his smarmy arse sued off, it won’t change for mountune dealers cos he will still flog the parts

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Changed premises, changed business, LTD, not LTD, bring in the sheriffs they’ll sort them out 🤣🤣🤣🤣take care all .

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

If they they honour the previous work like the guys running m520 then I believe people will lose faith in them , not that their give a rats arse. I will not be buying their gear.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@TallPaul the original Mountune we all bought parts off / work done are still active but not filed accounts, so most prob will liquidate with all warrantees. @mandiscatterbrian not even the sheriffs will get it sorted mate! 😆 The advantages of limited companies, company gone no liability. The new Mountune 2 was incorporated in September 2020, so will not be held for anything! totally different company, set up and company number.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Looks Like Mountune Will Not Honour Existing Warranties. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!