Low boost after hitting speed limiter

Home Forums Performance Forced Induction Low boost after hitting speed limiter

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds like you caught that in time. . Im starting to think this engine is made of chocolate

440bhp

443lbft

Willierich
    Participant

UK - England

Piston is out and these are the results, yet to take all 4 out but it was cylinder 3 low on compression so just took that out for now. Luckily no scratches or marks in the cylinder bore so just ordering devil development spec forged internals which are Mahle Pistons, BW Rods, ARP head stud kit, Deck brace, New Genuine Sump with baffle kit, King Racing big end bearings and a Ford head gasket. As long as I don’t find anything next week when I take the others out and have a good look in all the nooks and crannies that should be it.

Willierich
    Participant

UK - England

Willierich
    Participant

UK - England

Won’t let me add a photo but it’s just the piston lands have cracked off and all the bits where collected in the oil pick up thankfully, good work 71-bda you where bang on

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Wow, scary reading stuff like this. Makes me very nervous about driving mine at all, never mind driving it hard

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@willierich, try shrinking your pics and only load one at a time and it should work 👍

Honorary Member

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Fingers crossed you come away with less damage than mine. Are you fitting it all yourself?

440bhp

443lbft

Willierich
    Participant

UK - England

Willierich
    Participant

UK - England

Willierich
    Participant

UK - England

Willierich
    Participant

UK - England

Here we go cheers bobcat👍 Think it must have been on the brink of going bang looking at it! On the inside of the bore is literally no marks so hopefully just a case of getting all the parts and fitting them but I’ll have a proper good look in every nook and crannie to make sure I don’t leave any bits floating round. Yes Matt. B I’ll be doing it myself when the parts arrive and once I know there’s nothing else I need. Will keep you updated on how it goes.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Wow that looks a mess🙀 good luck with the rebuild 👍

PS pleased you got the pics posted thanks 👍

Honorary Member

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

That is a mess, very lucky if no other damage,  keep us all updated with pics, good luck👍

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Low boost after hitting speed limiter. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!