LOW BOOST ISSUE!!

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU LOW BOOST ISSUE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!!

So after 24 days Offshore I was absolutely BUZZING to get into the RS and drive home!! This was short lived, as I left Aberdeen on the dual carriageway heading north and out my foot down…… Not a lot happened!!

Boost gauge only read about 1/4. No power at all!! Stopped in a lay-by for a quick look, felt like a boost hose had come off but it didn’t sound like that!! Anyway, all Boost Hoses looked to be on and nothing obvious!!

Plugged in my COBB ACCESSPORT and the following DTC’s were stored:-

P0034 – Turbo Bypass Valve A Control Circuit Low.
    P0035 – Turbo Bypass Valve A Control Circuit High.
    P0245 – Turbo Wastegate Solenoid A Low.
    P0246 – Turbo Wastegate Solenoid A High.

Cleared all DTC’s but P0034 and P0245 came back straight away with Engine running. Not much more I could do at the side of the road so thoroughly disheartened I plodded you the road.

Monitoring the data on the COBB, I was getting 7 psi of Boost pressure. The car drove ok, no EML, no limp home mode, just no bloody power, nowhere near the 410 BHP I’m used to!!

Just back from the takeaway and the EML did come on during the drive home, same DTC’s stored!! I’m getting a shot of my mates ramp tomorrow so hopefully I can find the fault.

I’m hoping the Wastegate has stuck after sitting for 24 days in Aberdeen. Could be the bypass Valve, it does make a fluttering sound now when dumping air, it never made this noise before. Could be a vacuum issue, although I still have Servo assistance for the brakes. Could be a Solenoid issue. Could be an electrical issue??

What a pain in the ass!! ????.

Anybody had this or a similar issue with these DTC’s stored??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

thats a pain  Marc !  are you sure you have not had a wee mouse try to nest in there somewhere and have a nibble on some wiring in the wastegate solenoid and bypass valve area ??

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda

Evening mate!! I’m under the bonnet and underneath the Motor quite a lot. Every time home I’m doing something and I’ve never noticed anything like that, but you never know??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

paulie
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hope you get it sorted soon fella ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t sound too good at the moment @brembo, Hope you get it sorted out asap ?

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo not good mate! ☹️ Check the vac reference from the top of the re-circ valve… Since fitting the tubrosmart dual on mine i get the flutter… Might be something silly like the small vac pipe off / kinked, causing reference issues??

Screen shots below from the turbosmart instructions for vac line areas

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Forgot the one image rule… lost post twice!!! ??

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@gm

Evening mate!! Appreciate that!!

Yeah I checked that in a lay-by yesterday but couldn’t follow the vac pipes all the way. I’ll get a right good look the morn!! I’m hoping that I remove the Air Intake to access the back of the Turbo and find the Wastegate stuck!!

Cheers, Marc.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo ? hopefully will be…..

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Morning all!!

Well that’s her fixed!! ????.

I managed to get copies of the wiring diagrams, not great pics but readable. Drove on to my mates ramp, Engine Cover off and did some basic checks. Vacuum all good. Was about to take the Air Intake Pipe off to get access to the Turbo etc but decided to check the Fuses first….. And hey presto….. what do yi know. A blown fuse. A 10 Amp fuse in the fuse box at the near side of the Engine compartment just behind the headlight.

Pulled the fuse out and it was corroded, very dry and powdery. Some dampness has been in there at some point. Checked for continuity between the fuse holder and the solenoid valve on top of the Engine – Continuity all good. This fuse feeds the solenoid valve for the Wastegate and the solenoid valve for Bypass/Recirc Valve.

I’ll post pics but it’ll have to be one at a time so I’ll post them at the end!!

Anyway, I’ve removed all the fuses in this fuse box one at a time and all the front ones were showing signs of this so I’ve cleaned up the fuse holders then refitted the fuses with a coating of Vaseline!! There’s no obvious place where the moisture has got in but there’s also no seal between the lid and body of this fuse box…… You’d expect a seal of some sort, usually a small foam seal but there’s nothing. So I’ve applied Vaseline around the sealing parts of the fuse box where you’d expect a seal to be. When refitting lid it was a nice tight fit with some Vaseline oozing out so I’m happy with that!!

So a HEADS UP folks…. this could be a problem in the future for some of you guys. The fault may be different depending on which fuse it is but I’d certainly be having a quick look in here, even if you have no fault it’s worth having a little check to see if there’s signs of any corrosion on the fuse blades, if so, pull them out one at a time, clean up fuse blades and holder and apply Vaseline to fuse blade before refitting. Then I’d smear Vaseline round the sealing face on the box/lid and push down hard til it clicks into place.

Right I’ll try and post some pics now so bare with me, lol!!

I’ve circled the fuse and the 2 x Solenoid valves and you can follow the grey wire from fuse box to valves.

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers, Marc.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers, Marc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to LOW BOOST ISSUE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!