Lowered Seat Rails

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Lowered Seat Rails

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 534 total)
  • Author

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Mike earlier pics posted by Jonny

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one, thanks Louie, I’m now thinking about them to make getting in and out a bit easier while doing the weird gyrations needed to save the bolsters wear. I quite like the ‘commanding high seat position’ view-wise and visibility etc. I did actually nut my bonce on the interior grab handle/weatherstrip area when getting out a bit fast yesterday for the first time !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Momo
    Participant

Canada

@JCR_Developments I believe there are two seat options. Basically a regular non power seat, cloth (RS1 package) and power/heated/leather/alcantantara (RS2 package) … afaik they are the exact same bolting up to the car with the same frame and base, once again AFAIK.

I could be wrong, i’m in canada and we only get the RS2 option.

No shell seat option in north america.

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Mike I just spat my red wine out when reading about you  nutting the grab handle!!!??

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

rene de vries
    Participant

Netherlands

Johny, did standard for now, will try the 7.5 later, I think I can change it without taking the seat out of the car. Will try it next week and let you know.

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Rene, got mine delivered today so will try the 7.5 rake this weekend ??

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

konrads13
    Participant

Poland

Done 😀

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

So fitted mine last night ☺

It feels completely different when sat in the car now. I have alot more space for my knees away from the steering wheel being 6’7″ this was a massive issue for my and could spoil spirited runs slightly as my knees would fowl the steering wheel.

However if your not that tall then my guess is the 55mm drop will be to big as I have a normal size friend and he struggled to see over the dash and said it’s not for him!! Good job there’s a 20mm drop as I think this would suit the smaller ones out there.

Momo
    Participant

Canada

can’t wait can’t wait can’t wait!

so sick of tilting my head to the side to avoid hitting the sunroof support area.

JCR_Developments
    Participant

United Kingdom

@S66ANB

Good to hear that you have the frames installed and happy with the results 🙂

We have another 6’7 customer who is over the moon with the results too – I can’t imagine how uncomfortable the seating position must have been prior to installation.

In regards to the lowering, we wanted to add as many options as possible – I’m 5’9 and find the 55mm drop to be perfect with no issues in regards to visibility, I suppose its each to their own in this regard but I’m extremely happy that we have a product which now allows customers some choice.

More parts heading out every day for customers, interested to hear the feedback

Regards

Jonny

Innovative products showcasing the latest in Motorsport engineering, realised for some of the worlds greatest high performance vehicles

dator
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I got the seat installed and here is my review – i am 6″1′.

Installation time: 2.0 hrs – ensure you have all the right tools and do take your time read the manual in detail.

<b>Warning</b>: be very careful when removing the seat from the car. But a blanket across the door to protect the plastics. I was unfortunate to lightly scratch one the plastics.

<b>Ergonomics</b>:
    – No issues with the gear knob and gear changes overall.
    – No issues with the middle armrest. I am more comfortable than before as my elbow is now level.
    – Slight adjustments on the mirrors but no restricted visibility. The a-pillar and b-pillar visibility is the same as before.
    – When reverse parking next to a pavement, i find myself lean forward more than before to check with the mirror where the pavement is. No big issue. You could always adjust the mirror itself.
    – Baby seat: i have a mirror installed (rear seat) to check the baby and again i have to lean forward a bit to check on him. Again not a big issue.
    – Rear passenger: no issues and his/her shoes will still fit underneath the seat (metal bar at the rear).
    My immediate reaction after installation (55mm drop) was that i have just wasted my money as the drop feels massive.

After a few adjustments and driving around 10 miles (town and country lanes) it feels absolutely great. It simply does not feel the same car and you have to adapt your judgement on the front nose. Take it easy after installation.

I was pleasantly surprised when i looked down the speedo a couple of times and i honestly found myself a lot more connected and confident. More time behind the wheel is needed to get used to it but i am sure the JCR frame will be my best purchase for the RS. Give it a month and i won’t even remember how it was before.

It’s a big step change so do not get disappointed at the beginning. You have to give it time.

All i need now is the latest revised engine from Ford and i will have the car as it should have been from day one.

@jcr_developments
    – looking at the design, you are a clever team indeed and congrats on the product.

A question on the design with the potential to offer further intermediate height adjustments.

Based on the manual v1 page 18 where the spacers are installed prior to the frame base: how about you offer the option for customers to buy additional spacers of 10mm each (with a maximum permitted spacers being 2-off ) alongside the appropriate length botls/nuts.

This will offer us another two height option of 45mm and 35mm if i understand the design correct. Now the key question as i am not a design engineer: is it possible without affecting the structural/’stress analysis’ of the overall frame by simply using the right strength bolts?

Many thanks for taking the time to look into this.

Momo
    Participant

Canada

@JCR_Developments are you sending a pair of these to a tuning shop states side? or a private person?

need a volunteer?

I’m in Canada … everyone loves canadians 🙂

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi guy’s
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Just been reading dator info</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Really good review</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I am also 6’1 and have had issues with the seat height</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I put my order in last night for both seats carnt bear to see one higher than the other and the passenger will want the same thrills as me!!</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>See fezza on YouTube has got his RS back and says he’s ordered seat lowering kit too</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>So hope Jonny jcr has got plenty in stock nice to have next weekend too fit and play with different adjustments long holiday weekend</p>

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 534 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Lowered Seat Rails. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!