Lowered Seat Rails

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Lowered Seat Rails

Viewing 9 posts - 526 through 534 (of 534 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Looking for a RHD Passenger Side JCR frame anyone have one for sale ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the β€œM” maps suck

Richie Edwards
    Participant

UK - Wales

Yes please if you can send me some info

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

WANTED A passenger side JCR Frame for sale available πŸ‘

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the β€œM” maps suck

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all, got my RS 3 months ago as some of you may already know, I love the car but the seat height is ridiculous and as mentioned clearly based on a van and pedal use similar to that of a piano! I drive a 3 series as a daily (with seat lowest) and that’s perfect so when I jump in the RS for fun my heart sinks as feel like I’m back in a sprinter!
    Now through this lovely site and forum I have found out my car being 2016 has the highest position and I am not going to fork out Β£650+ or whatever it is for Ford 2017 rails that reduce the height by just 10mm as bonkers! So my Xmas present to me will be a JCR drivers only set that will drop 25 or is it 20mm? (50 odd is too much as a short arse). My question is since a lot on here ordered these a while ago now how have you found them? any issues? Did you alter the height? Does it stop you catching the seat every time you get in the car? I’m 5,7 if that helps!

cheeRS in advance, Al – Also in West York’s if anyone is nearby and wants to let me take a look, sure I can stretch to a pint as a thanks, possibly crisps as well!

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

chrisch
    Participant

UK - England

I got the JCR lowering kit, plus the additional kit that allows you to drop the seat height by 40mm instead of the full 55mm. It works pretty well – although:

• The side bolsters (on the base) still get in the way (of getting in and out of the car) – but there’s nothing you can do about that
    • The seat belt bracket moves onto the base so doesn’t adjust when you slide the seat back and forth. This is slightly annoying but shouldn’t be an issue if you’re 5 foot 7 (as it will be roughly where you want it anyway)

Overall it’s an excellent quality kit – but it is very expensive (the price on their website is without VAT)!

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

For the leathery parts and dash, I use Oakwood Hydrating Leather Cream. The bolster on my seat had a little wear when I bought, but using this cream has helped it I think, or maybe just hides it a little.

I also find getting into and out of the car like a lady helps reduce the rubbing, bum on seat them swivel both legs. It also makes you look more elegant πŸ™‚

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

cheers guys great help once again, I don’t know where I got 25mm from! Are there any other alternatives? Graeme at GS Motorsport (highly recommend by the way) did think there was another one out there but I cant find it.

Big Dave that’s a good tip and worth a go, not sure I can do the lady thing and look elegant as I’m from Yorkshire! πŸ™‚

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

I don’t think there are any real alternatives. The only other two I have seen are from agi-precision in Australia, and another in America made by Planted, but they are low profile racing brackets, and by the look of them you’d impact the foot space for rear passengers.

If agi made a couple of tweaks to theirs and take more of the shape of the original/JCR, then they would work.

http://www.agi-precision.com.au/product/ford-rs-mk3-low-profile-racing-seat-conversion-kit/

http://www.awdmods.com/ford-focus-rs-aftermarket-driver-side-seat-bracket?search=Seat%20Bracket%20rs

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

cheers again Dave, yep looks like I will be going with the JCR but still be great to hear from any others on here as I know plenty bought these!

Viewing 9 posts - 526 through 534 (of 534 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Lowered Seat Rails. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!