Lowered Seat Rails

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Lowered Seat Rails

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 534 total)
  • Author

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Defo interested here Kenny

Z K
    Participant

USA

Very very interested! Definitely in for driver side!

Will you be releasing a passenger one as well?

2016 Ford Focus RS
    Frozen White — RS2 Package — Moonroof   (Took Delivery 07/16/2016)

Mountune Quick Shift — TurboSmart Dual Port BOV — AEM Air Filter — Debadged

Jac Driessen
    Participant

Belgium

Hello, I am very interested in this Recaro seat reduction.

RS 350

Z K
    Participant

USA

Admins…pls delete, duplicate reply

2016 Ford Focus RS
    Frozen White — RS2 Package — Moonroof   (Took Delivery 07/16/2016)

Mountune Quick Shift — TurboSmart Dual Port BOV — AEM Air Filter — Debadged

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

I am keen too however, could this cause issue with our insurance cover and or warranty?

Crash tested?

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I’m 5′ 11″. Am I too short for this problem?

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Same as me @Howsey, seems those over 6ft notice an issue more

rsgav
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds good to me so far Jonny! Thanks & welcome.

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

It’s about time too, Dom. I’m speaking up for the little guy.

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Ha ha make you right buddy.

You still up for a meet when my car finally arrives

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Yes. Yes I am.

JCR_Developments
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks for the response so far, obviously a few recurring points need to be covered here to give a little background as to why this problem exists in the first place and also a little further background on the JCR frames as an engineering solution.
    First of all, a little background as to why the seat is so high (which has also been confirmed by Recaro themselves via email and discussed on a couple of other forums). When making a new variant, a manufacturer must submit and re-homologate any significant changes to the vehicle. This costs significant money, and one of the areas that all manufacturers will avoid, is resubmitting the car for full crash homologation. It costs a huge amount of money, and any deviation from the original vehicle crash performance (i.e. if the RS failed it’s crash test) could lead to Ford being prevented from selling any Focus Mk3 variant until a pass is achieved. When homologating, the occupant hip point (so basically where your bum sits) must be at a defined height within the car which must accommodate the average person. This means that sat at the reference seating position, the driver must have a clear view of the road, be correctly constrained by the seat belt, and positioned in an optimum position for the airbags. Despite all this, if you offer a height adjustment mechanism, the lower and upper heights don’t have to comply with this regulation. Because the CS seat lacks height adjustment though, it has to sit at the crash reference point despite the fact a standard, height adjustable seat can go lower. If Ford had lowered the CS seat, they would need to resubmit the car for crash testing as the reference seating position would have changed.

The amount the bracket lowers the seat by, will not exceed the amount offered by the standard seat, hence the crash performance will be the same as a standard seat in it’s lowest position, however, it’s up to the owner to assess whether they have a sufficient view of the road ahead. This would be no different to lowering an adjustable height seat, and is why we have offered two potential seat heights within the design. (I’m 5’9 and find the seating position to be heavily compromised)

For the bracket itself, we have calculated the relevant strengths vs the standard mounting, and either matched or exceeded this, and the mechanism will be a Recaro supplied sliding runner as supplied by them for the fitting of any of their aftermarket seats. This assembly will match the performance of any aftermarket seat mounting kit offered by Recaro or any other seat manufacturer.

With regards warranty, the whole vehicle warranty is unlikely to be affected. A manufacturer would only have reason to deny a warranty claim where they believe a modification has caused a component failure. For instance, flashing an unapproved engine map into the car would void your engine warranty, but it would not change the warranty for the infotainment, glazing, interior or paint/body etc.

I hope that helps to clear up any questions at this stage but please feel free to ask away.

Regards

Jonny

Innovative products showcasing the latest in Motorsport engineering, realised for some of the worlds greatest high performance vehicles

Momo
    Participant

Canada

Hey Jonny, i’m from Canada, and we have no choice but to go with the leather recaro option.

Am i correct in saying that these rails will not lower my seats any lower than the existing rail?

casper
    Participant

UK - England

Definitely interested now some more information has been released. I do struggle with mine as most of my 6ft 4 is legs and I barely clear the steering wheel

Justin Nicholls
    Participant

Australia

Interested in buying for right price.

thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 534 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Lowered Seat Rails. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!