Lowered Seat Rails

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Lowered Seat Rails

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 534 total)
  • Author

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Jonny,  Where is JCR Developments based and what automotive seating experience do you chaps have?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Bagster60
    Participant

New Zealand

I’m interested too

2016 Focus Rs

2012 BMW 1 M Coupe

JCR_Developments
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Steve,

Our R&D facility is Midlands based but employ the skills of experts in the relevant areas depending on the project we’re undertaking.

On this particular project we’re working with an Automotive engineer who’a directly employed by an OEM with 10 years of Automotive design experience who has worked on a wide range of different design, analysis and calibration projects on a number of production vehicles.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to ask.

Regards

Jonny

Innovative products showcasing the latest in Motorsport engineering, realised for some of the worlds greatest high performance vehicles

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Jonny,

Okay,  I’ll fess up now,  I’m also Midlands based, Engineer of 30+ years,  17 in Automotive,  I spent 10 years in one of the largest first Tier Seat suppliers, finally as Engineering manager, designing and launching seats for Ford and Fiat. Also worked on the OEM side, Ford, Nissan and JLR.   I now do interior trim.

I know what your were trying to explain earlier, though I don’t quite see it the same.  Ford would have homologated the RS, they potentially carried over the seat Homologation from ST and Mk2 FRS.  Seats are certified on a sled first before the full vehicle crash tests, so they could have been the same.  Any changes to the seat can normally be done on a sled/buck.  Normally done in a day in the Higee lab with TUV/VCA witnessing the forward and rearward runs.  Changes to the tracks, adaptor plates or height mech etc would for sure caused a new run of sled tests.

Seat homologation is normally done by the supplier, the CS seat from Recaro I assume is an “off the shelf” product for them and they have only certified it as static frame and no one wanted to fund a unique height adjust system for it and re-certification.

The grey area normally comes with whether accessories and spares and non OE parts having the same legal requirements or not.  I would make a comparison to an accessory child seat, where they do have to meet testing and legal requirements.

If you would like to discuss more, feel free to contact me……  (I’m also a ltd company)

Regards

Steve

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

FRS
    Participant

Norway

Yes I am interested.

Philip Knight
    Participant

Australia

Yes, definitely interested! I’m ok with the shell seats as they are but always interested in making the driving position even better! 50-55mm lower sounds perfect! Cheers from Australia

GrahamH
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’m sure after market seat mounts will effect insurance. Even if tested they are a change to the cars spec. Difficult one these days. Loved the old days when you could pretty much change what you wanted.

andrewsonic
    Participant

Hong Kong

I’m in for a lower seating position.

ETA and price?

Muz1990
    Participant

UK - Scotland

alright Jonny, surprised to see you in here mate! Have you ordered a mk3 RS now?

Hope your keeping well, and glad you’ll be involved with the new RS too!

fathertom74
    Participant

France

ok for me !

phoenix
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I’m interested in these , count me in</p>

crunchie
    Participant

UK - England

Interested

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Typical!!!, someone actually tries to do something positive and then the chap has to waste time having to defend his product and explain himself to a few pompous suspicious job-worths !! No wonder nothing gets done in this country if that’s how things are ! Good luck JCR and all the best  with the product.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

GrahamH
    Participant

United Kingdom

<p style=”text-align: left;”>there’s more to it than just buying and bolting on . Quite rightly people need to know any potential issues with fitting such items. Owners have the right to question legality , safety etc . I’m sure JCR are more than happy to reassure people of their products.  This is why we have forums to discuss and give people the information they need to make their own judgement to buy or not.  Others may not be aware of legality and the requirement of testing of car parts and implications of fitting to your car.</p>

JCR_Developments
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Keen to share a few more images of the frames, albeit with a few critical elements not included included for the purposes of protecting our designs until release.

We have a working prototype in testing at this moment in time and its working great, the improvement in seating position possible with the installation of this product will be truly appreciated by all. The triple adjustment will also accommodate those who are looking for a smaller adjustment and/or added rake.

JCR FRS Wire Drawing 1

JCR FRS Wire Drawing 2

JCR FRS Wire Drawing 3

We plan to offer the solution finished in OEM satin black powder coat with custom special order finishes also available at an additional cost.

Retail price of the frames we’re working on very hard at this moment in time, a multiple order will certainly assist in reducing the cost as we’re purchasing the slide mechanisms directly from Recaro this is a cost which is largely out of our control so a larger order will certainly help. At this stage we’re anticipating retail price to be in the £300 region (per side) with a discount for orders of full car sets.

We’re aiming to start deliveries of the JCR Super Low Seat Frames week 1 of March. With that in mind I think it would be appropriate time to start a list of interested names using the following format:

1. NAME / DRIVER (or) PASSENGER (or) CAR SET / RHD (or) LHD

Please can I ask that everyone copies and pastes the list in their response such that we don’t miss anyone out.

Again, any questions at all please ask away.

Regards

Jonny

Innovative products showcasing the latest in Motorsport engineering, realised for some of the worlds greatest high performance vehicles

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 534 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Lowered Seat Rails. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!