Lowering springs adviceï

Home Forums Performance Handling Lowering springs adviceï

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Bob Rej
    Participant

UK - England

Can people help me fill in the blanks below.  I’m waning a little more detail on lowering my RS.   Thanks,  Bob

Stock:

front rate 43 N/mm (246 lbs/in)

Rear rate 43 N/mm (246 lbs/in)

Mountune

10mm front and 15mm

Rates ?

Eibach pro kit
    Front, 20mm drop, rate: 32 N/mm (183 lbs/in), rate 2: 40 N/mm (228 lbs/in

Rear, 20mm drop, rate 41 N/mm (234 lbs/in)

Pumaspeed Eibach

25-30mm lowering

Front rear?

Rates?

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry I can’t help.

But ive no idea why others can’t help.

Maybe they don’t want to admit that their “improved” springs are actually softer ?

For many the standard car is too hard core.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

agree kr1s.  Ford are not stupid, their boffins do actually know a thing or two about setting a car up, they had to come to a compromise between comfort and handling and also something that would go round a track well while weighing 1600+ kilos inc driver and not wallow and roll about all over the show. I actually like the tight firm damping and ride. Could you imagine the reviews the car would have got if it was all soft and comfy and rollypolly !! I think Mountune springs are stiffer? normally when you fit lowering springs the rates are stiffer so suspension does not bottom out, go softer and you’re going to be trying to control roll with uprated anti roll bars or dumber still try to hold the car up on stiffer dampers !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Eibach do advise the use of the ARBs front and rear with their springs to help eliminate the added roll of a progressive spring and softer rate.

H&R springs are quite similar to factory that’s all they’ll say but -20mm and are linear rated, they do improve ride.

Ford do know what they are doing and employ a lot of smart people in the same way the space shuttle team do, but occasionally they can get it soo wrong.

The RS straight out of the box is a great RS and like every RS before it, it’s just a starting point to make into an awesome RS

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

I have the dreamscience kw spring rates in an email somewhere which I’ll find later as i emailed KW a long time ago before I bought them asking the rates. I know off the top of my head though the drop is 20 front and 20 rear and they’re progressive on the front and linear at the rear

gregstar125
    Participant

UK - England

I love the standard springs so far, after just a couple of weeks ownership. I want a hard ride where I can feel the road properly. I sold a Golf R because of poor suspension but the RS feels just right, so far, very similar to my previous Subaru’s

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

me too gregstar ! I love the ride and handling as is.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Bob Rej
    Participant

UK - England

I lowered with the Pumaspeed springs (they are eibach) – I think they are just cut shorter to get more drop.

The ride is better than stock, but I do agree ARBs would make it less rolly polly at speed.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds like a backwards step, I’d stick with the Mountune option, lower. Less role, less harsh, works great with a DSC Module

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Lowering springs adviceï. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!