Lump on the Bead Area

Home Forums Performance Tyres Lump on the Bead Area

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

Just noticed this the other day, must have been from a pot hole and the only major pothole I remember hitting was months ago. Anyway, done 25k on these and they have plenty of tread left, didn’t want to replace one and have to do the other three later. What’s the verdict on whether it’s worth replacing or leaving for now?

Bead Bump

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ok if you are just pottering around, I would not trust it at high speed or fast in the twisties ! that could let go….

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

To risky I’d change it

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

Someone near me has used one’s on ebay, hopefully they’ll split them and sell me a single. Otherwise I’d better sort a space saver in the boot

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I wouldn’t trust it, and I wouldn’t trust part worn ones either you have no idea what history they have.

Coastliner

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

its obviously caused some damage and will have weakened the sidewall so id change it just for piece of mind

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Ouch B,D. I feel your pain nowt worse than the noise of a bloody pothole, must of been one hell of a hole given the damage , No m8 all guys are right get it changed I did the same first year of ownership, I was in ford with in the hour trying to haggle a price of Β£600 , that’s my ouch . Take care πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ»

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Bin It, new tyre needed. πŸ™

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the β€œM” maps suck

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

And check the insides of the Tyres regularly. Otherwise a bulge like this will sit there until the mot.

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

MOT are a thing of the past when you move to Australia, you only need to get your car tested when you sell it lol, but that is a very good point.

Got another 60km out of it, definitely needs replacing now. Don’t want to travel too far and there is a Goodyear less than 1km away from my house, I’ll probably get 2 Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5’s put on the front and the back 2 can stick with the Cup 2’s for now until they need replacing.

Wheel2

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by bigdave.

bigdave
    Participant

Australia

Ended up getting Pilot Sport 5’s, nice n shiny

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Lump on the Bead Area. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!