M135i owner thinking of coming to the dark side!

Home Forums General Newbie M135i owner thinking of coming to the dark side!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Peter Miller
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi All,

I’ve had my M135i for 2.5 years and have loved every second, but now I’m starting to get that itch for something a bit different.

BMW have offered me a good deal to get into an equivalent spec’d M140i for £1k, but im not sure if it is ‘different’ enough and don’t want to be disappointed…

So here I am, hoping to learn a bit about the RS and see what owners think first hand.

Cheers,

Millz.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Peter,

I am an owner of a Focus RS Mk3 owned a Mk2 also for 6years, to be totally honest I would say that build quality on the Bmer will be mush better than the Ford. After all £35k for a car with all the extras is a fair chunk of money. I bet for under £40K you could purchase an equivalent BMW in relation to performance. Where the Ford will win is residual values hold much stronger on the RS. So if your prepared for a build quality that’s not up to the BMW, go for it. Its your money after all, the one thing for sure is you will be able to move the ford on if its not for you,

Coastliner

MINER
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Peter welcome,the only problem with BMW and also Mercedes is  EVERYBODY HAS GOT ONE, be different join us  Cheers

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

The M140i is an astonishing car and outclasses the RS in every respect; the RS is ‘unbelievably’ cool and stops people in their tracks with glares of admiration. I’m very shallow, so I bought an RS ?. There isn’t a right or wrong answer but people will love you for buying an RS.

Peter Miller
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Everyone thanks for the replies,

I completely agree about the 135’s being everywhere and that’ll only get worse as the early models drop in price. This is one of the reasons that im drawn to an RS and I would happily sacrifice the build quality for a bit of kudos.

How are people finding their cars as a daily? I feel that it would be a shame to lump on the miles to an RS. (only talking 10-12k pa)

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

I have a m 135 at the moment have owned it for 2 years

the Bmw is definatly a nicer place to sit but I don’t enjoy the car more of a gt than a hot hatch

RS Imminent definatly more Driver focused

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to M135i owner thinking of coming to the dark side!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!