M375 or M380 void warranty or not ?

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU M375 or M380 void warranty or not ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

hanz
    Participant

New Zealand

Ok guys I am confused

i live in New Zealand , from the official mountune website https://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk3-focus-rs

all I can see is M375 or M380 , both have statements saying it may void warranty , where is this FPM375 you guys been taking about that doesn’t void the warranty ?

Sherbett
    Participant

UK - Wales

You have to buy the FPM375 from a ford dealer and have it  fitted by them to keep the warranty.You also don’t get the hand set the dealer just downloads the map onto the car.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Warranty position varies in different countries. In the UK, the only Ford endorsed power upgrade is the FPM375.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Yes warranty is country dependent so will need to ask your Ford dealer.

hanz
    Participant

New Zealand

I really want to get a tune , I hear they really change the car , I don’t think extra 30hp would damage the engine , after the new HG are replaced

Sherbett
    Participant

UK - Wales

Personal I don’t think it makes a lot of difference at all considering the cost £1100 for 30 bhp.But if you want more power and keep the warranty (let’s face it we need it)theres not s lot more we can do.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Very simple in uk, not sure about rest of world.

official fmp375 from ford/ Mountune warrenty friendly.

Anything else not warrenty friendly.

Classic risk  v reward if you want more than 375 bhp or warrenty

May the Ford be with you

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Is there an echo in here?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Most handsets such as COBB, Dreamscuence etc Leave NO coding or trace on the ECU so before any FORD visit just revert back to standard.

Check out COBB and Dreamscience threads on this site

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t know the techy aspects of this issue, but a few years ago I had a bluefin tune on a previous car which needed warranty work. I removed the tune before taking the car in. The dealer told me they detected the reflash but could not tell which tune it had been. On that occasion they let me off and carried out the warranty repair.

hanz
    Participant

New Zealand

I dont have much option here , I dont think NZ cover the M380 kit , plus the dealer here are ripping you off so bad

for M380 kit it cost $1560 NZ including shipping , the dealer is asking for $2950 NZ plus fitted ! AND !!! it doesnt cover the factory 3 year warranty , and if you want to buy the 3 year insurance to acknowledge the mountune M380 , its another $1450 NZ with a total of $4400 NZ where you can buy it for $1560 and do it your self , I say screw it !@

either I take the risk and do it my self , which is really easy , or wait after warranty runs out , I mean what are the chance the engine fails because extra 30hp , given that the heritage edition comes with M375 fitted

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to M375 or M380 void warranty or not ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!