Magnetic Grey Mk3 RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Magnetic Grey Mk3 RS

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

dan-2
    Participant

USA

So here’s a little update on how things are getting on.

I received my Dreamscience IMAP at the weekend, what a great piece of kit!

DS IMAP

Really easy to use, nice compact handset, clear and concise instruction of use on the screen, I highly recommend anyone contemplating getting one to do so as you wont be disappointed.

I have only uploaded the Ultima map for now just to see how the car gets on, after a days use it seems to be doing fairly well and the difference over stock is night and day. Mine now drives alot smoother with a smoother throttle response when cold and its made it much easier to drive round normally which is a plus as the jerky/ snatchyness of the standard car when cold annoyed me quite a lot. Also I was getting a little bored with the car as the flatness of the top end just took the life out of it when driving it on normal roads, but this has reinvigorated it and now the car is much more eager and willing to put higher up the revs which is good.

In the next month or so I will be fitting a few supporting parts, such as the turbosmart dual port and a full Mishimoto intake system before going to the Ultima 2+ map.

In other news I a baffle bypass mod soon as well, I will also be developing a kit to sell so if anyone else is interested in doing the same mod let me know.

It will basically look like this:

bypass mod

It wont be pieces welded together as in photo above, it will be one section of ready to weld link pipe and the kit will also include a V-band clamp and fitting instructions for the DIYers, or it will just save you guys fab shop time/money if you get someone else to fit it.

The reason I am going for this method instead of buying an entire exhaust system, is because I have seen plenty of cars in the US running 480+whp still running the standard exhaust so I know the standard system is more than capable for where the car will be (stage 2 next year), I also quite like the standard exhaust tone I just want a bit more going on which this will bring along with that I also don’t see the point in spending a lot of money on a full system when you don’t get any performance gains over the standard system, this mod will be costing just over £100 (including fab shop fees) to fit.

I will also be coupling this to an exhaust valve controller so I will have full control over the noise output (good for track users and early risers in built up areas) so the full exhaust setup (baffle bypass and valve controller) will come to just over £220 if you have the link pipe fitted by someone else and about £150/160 if you DIY!

Some other good news I have had in the last week, is that I have been selected for the sponsorship scheme at Mishimoto so there will be some bits along soon for the stage 2 build soon and they will all be suitable and capable for a high output forged build 😉

Away from the modifications side of things I really need to clean up the engine bay, because currently it looks like this!

engine bay

engine bay

engine bay

Its really grubby and tbh its been neglected since the HG was changed in January, so some time will need to be spent on that!

But so far after just over a year of ownership it has been good fun, I am glad I brought in a few mods to keep it interesting at this point though.

dan-2
    Participant

USA

A few updates here, I am doing them in single posts because it kept deleting the large post!

Dreamscience IMAP arrived at the weekend, what a great piece of kit!

DS IMAP

Really easy to use, nice size so not too bulky etc, and very clear instructions for use as well so well done Dreamscience.

I have only uploaded the Ultima map currently as for one I only have a K&N panel filter fitted currently and I also want to see how the car fares with the map for a month or so.

I will say after the day or so use with the map on it feels great, I was getting a little bored with the car in standard form because of the flat top end but this had totally reinvigorated the car for me.

I will give it a month or so and then fit some supporting parts and then put it onto the Ultima 2+ map to see how much difference it makes.

dan-2
    Participant

USA

DS IMAP

dan-2
    Participant

USA

I have also started to put together a baffle bypass kit to produce a tidy well engineered and well hidden exhaust mod to give the standard system a bit more noise!

baffle bypass

It will look similar to the above but it wont be welded pieces, it will be one made to measure link pipe ready to weld in place along with a V-band clamp for ease of exhaust reinstallation, if anyone else is interested in the link pipe kit then let me know as we should be able to make a small batch fairly cheaply for a few of us that is either ready to DIY if you have a welder or will make it cheaper when you go to have it fitted at a fab shop.

The reasons why I am choosing to go down the baffle bypass route are; the standard system is more than suitable for higher HP output (cars in the US are running 480+whp on the standard exhaust system without any issues), I quite like the standard exhaust sound I just want it to have a little more going on when I want it to and finally I don’t see the point in spending the best part of £1000 for an exhaust that gives no performance gains until reaching very high outputs (600hp+).

The bypass mod itself will be costing me just over £100 (including fitting) and if I couple it with the exhaust valve controller (costs £125) I can have total control over when the car produces a totally standard sound that wont annoy the neighbours and will pass all track limits in the UK, and when I want it to turn into what is basically a straight through system and sound like a fire breathing rally car. for me spending £225 all in seems like a bargain as well.

dan-2
    Participant

USA

On another note I have also recognised my engine bay is in disgusting condition!

Engine bay

engine bay

engine bay

As you can see its pretty grubby, so I need to spend some time on that to get it spotless again, tbh I haven’t spend any time on it since the HG recall was complete back in feb!

Another good thing that happened in the last week or so, is that I was selected for Mishimoto sponsorship so the engine bay will be getting some nice bits in the near future along with their FMIC kit and some other mods to support stage 2 mapping and onwards if plans go ahead for a forged high output build next year.

So far apart from basic maintenance nothing much else has happened in a while, I will be on the hunt for some new tires in the near future along with looking to uprate the brakes ready for some track antics come October/ November but it looks like quite a lot could be turning up in the next few months so I will update as it happens.

dan-2
    Participant

USA

Well it makes me feel rubbish writing this but the car was stolen on Tuesday afternoon (roughly 6:45pm), so if anyone sees a magnetic grey RS with the plate RS10 SSS then call 101, please do not approach the car as the culprits are armed.

@Kenny
    (or any other mod/ admin) could you please remove all other posts from this thread and change the title to Stolen magnetic grey RS.

If your wondering why I would like everything removed, its because it makes me feel sick knowing what happened to myself and my family for these scrotes to get hold of the car! I don’t want to see anything about this car anymore!

Cheers.

Dan.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

So sorry to hear this. Are you all ok? That’s the important thing here. It’s only a car in that sense.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

F@%K sorry to here this 🙁

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Jesus..hope no one was hurt..anyone know what location this is in?

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Sorry to read this, just sent you an email.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

oh blimey no.  Stolen from outside your house or work dan? please don’t tell me you were forced out of the car at knife point or something? I’m guessing Midlands? Birmingham /Manchester normal hotspots?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda what,s wrong with the midlands ??????

Former RS Edition owner

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

So sorry to read about your terrible experience Dan, pleased you and the family are ok. My thoughts are with you and I hope the police get the scum.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Andy, I did not say there was anything wrong with the midlands, I was purely guessing that area as it seems to be the country’s capital for car theft.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t care if people call London a knife crime or centre of black on black street crime, because, it is !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Magnetic Grey Mk3 RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!