Matt.B Nitrous blue RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Matt.B Nitrous blue RS

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 164 total)
  • Author

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

440bhp

443lbft

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Also thought i would try the steering wheel and door handles which im not completely sold on. Think they might be too much.</p>

440bhp

443lbft

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

440bhp

443lbft

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I also tried fitting these bonnet gas strut things but im struggling big time with it. Anyone else managed to fit them?

440bhp

443lbft

jeansrs
    Participant

Germany

Hi Matt,

I’ve got the bonnet gas struts from ford performance and it was a bit fiddly to install.

Watch the video on Adam Raineys channelšŸ˜‰

Keep going with your mods –Ā  I like them…

KW DCC, DSC, Beast Factory Stage 1 engine, HJS Downpipe, Milltek, Wagner, Quaife, Tarox F2000, MOTEK Ultralight, JCR

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Small update. Got an early Christmas present for myself, a Scorpion sports cat. Were in the process of moving house so didnt go down well with the wife. Will try and get it fitted in the new year.

440bhp

443lbft

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Matt. B.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Im trying to upload a pic from my phone but can’t get it to work. So just imagine what it looks like!

440bhp

443lbft

Pauly Paul
    Participant

There are two lots of struts Floating around for the rs mk 3 the ones from the states that are a ridiculous price but no need to rip engine bay apart, they just attach to slots on inside of engine bay easy Pezzy Bespoke. And there are the ones over hear , which you have to remove plastic part of engine set up almost remove the bonnet as well , yes itā€™s a pain in the ass but do watch video , Iā€™m sure you will crack it , if I can do it , youā€™ll succeed, Iā€™ve had mine in since car šŸš™Ā was bought a great mod , and heaven to be able to work underneath bonnet with no daft bar , take care šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ¾šŸ„ƒšŸŽ„šŸ™šŸ»ā˜ƒļøšŸš™

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

The ones i have you take the plastic bit off. I just cant get the strut to compress enough to latch on to the ball joint. The video says to push the bonnet further up but i dont like the thought of that.

440bhp

443lbft

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Yeah it will go, thatā€™s what you have to do, just make sure you put a towel underneath to protect the window Be patient good luck šŸ‘šŸ‘

mark-250
    Participant

United Kingdom

@Matt. BĀ  Ā if you are fitting the genuine Ford ones be careful as they fail (unless they have updated the design) I fitted some in April on my car for a day and when I checked they were ready to fail and when they do they break plastic, I was lucky I checked.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Mine were from the forum shop. Cant remember the name off the top of my head. Ive given up on them, cant be arsed with it.

440bhp

443lbft

mark-250
    Participant

United Kingdom

Donā€™t blame you not worth the hassle / risk imo

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

I bought mine from the forum shop some 3yrs ago and honestly say that I can’t remember having any issues on fitment. Still working fine.

Ā FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive SuspensionĀ 

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

My struts came from the forum shop, yep had to push the bonnet up a bit further, so it all ā€œflexedā€ a bit, then it hooks on and drops back when you let go.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-Ā  Quaife LSD,Ā  DSC+TractiveĀ  Suspension,Ā  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & TractiveĀ  Active suspension !!!

Ā  Ā Ā 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Matt.B Nitrous blue RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!