Maxton Design

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling Maxton Design

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

Guys – has anyone else had bad experiences with Maxton Design? I don’t want to go into too much detail for now, but I’m currently in dispute with them over a couple of issues, and I’m a little interested if this is typical of them, or I just got unlucky.

Thanks

Si

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Sold alot of their products and never had any issues

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

ok, maybe i just got unlucky then.

shipped out one item that was unbelievably bad quality. finish was just very cheap, very bad chinese rubbish. raised this with them, they denied it, so had to raise this as a paypal claim. bought another item with this one, not opened it for fear it’s the same poor quality. disputing now with them on return, they are denying refund of my postage to me, even though that contravenes the Consumer Contracts Regulations.

Very bad company based on this experience, if something goes wrong or you buy the ‘wrong’ product from them as maybe quality is variable depending on who they buy from, then you face a struggle with them to get your money back. in my experience, avoid them and buy from someone reputable like TRC it appears.

Si

bigblock
    Participant

Spain

Well from the moment I just asked using the forum for the front lip and i am still wating the reply…… That is a bad start in order to purchase something….

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Sent you an email @bigblock I am just waiting on Maxton replying with answer to your question

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

perhaps the worst company i’ve ever had to deal with.

gloss finish items are the worst finish i’ve ever seen on anything. ever.

raised paypal complaint. took them for ever to respond. unfortunately not covered by paypal guarantee. had to suck it up for the rear lip i bought, will have to get it wrapped before i put it anywhere near the car again.

front lip was returned, argued for weeks about refunding my shipping in viloation of the consumer contracts regulations. rip off merchants.

ordered again as they are the only company i know that offer a matt finish for a lip. that was  week ago. still waiting for confirmation that it has been shipped. when this whole fiasco started 6 weeks ago they told me the matt finish would be available in 1 week, or i could have the gloss finish immediately at no extra cost. clearly  it is still not available. gloss finish avoid on your life.

wholeheartedly avoid them, use TRC if you are happy with a gloss finish as they seem a reputable company unlike maxton.

Simon B

Muz1990
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Sent Kenny myself money for the full kit (assumed the normal plastic would be safest bed and best wearing over gloss sounds like that’s true), Kenny updated me via email with a tracking number and the parcel arrived within a few days, the front splitter has a tiny scratch in the middle but to be honest £303 for a full splitter kit is reasonably priced, it came quickly and it’s the closest part to the road after the tyres so it’ll get the odd mark here and there.

Havent fitted it as the cars not here yet but im sure it’ll be ok and came with all necessary bits and pieces

nauli
    Participant

Australia

I had no issue with my front splitter and rear spoiler cap….received the goods in pretty good time (I’m in Australia)…just over a week…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Maxton Design. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!