Megiuars ceramic hybrid wax

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Megiuars ceramic hybrid wax

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tubsy250
    Participant

UK - England

Wow used ceramic hybrid wax on my wife golf what a great product so easy to use and great results

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Quite keen to try this to see what its like

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Some of the detailers online are raving about Turtlewax’s new answer to Megs Hydrophobic wax (Which is on offer at Halfords for £16 at the mo) but its much cheaper. I ordered 3 from Eurocarparts at £5 bottle but they are no longer listing it and have sent me a mail that it wont arrive for 3 weeks. This is the best offer I can find:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Wax-Sealant-Hydrophobic-Carnauba/dp/B07Q3DC471/ref=asc_df_B07Q3DC471/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309800630830&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18361103907950072169&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046666&hvtargid=pla-710419824128&psc=1

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

What do people use to clean the chrome exhaust tips? to remove the dreaded soot and the best cleaner to remove brake dust from your calipers in your experience.

Never really got into car cleaning detailing, its always been a bucket and a mitt and some wash and go kind of stuff with the obligatory quarterly hand wax

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

I would recomend for the exhaust tips just a simple clean with an Iron and Fallout remover (I would recommend Korrosol by Bilt Hamber) and a short knap microfibre cloth but if the soot build up is engrained in the steel I would use a polish such as autosol.

I’d also use the Korrosol for the brake calipers or Bilt Hambers “Auto Wheel” which is virtually the same stuff but with some detergent. Once clean I would recomend that the calipers are coated with preferably a ceramic or a wheel wax such as Poorboys wheel wax.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Thank You DaveRS3 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

I got the same deal at Eurocar parts a couple of weeks back, I also bought 3, used it for the 1st time Monday & I’m very impressed with it, water just beads off straight away, easy to apply, used it on the glass & the plastics with no issues. I reckon that turtle ? wax hydrophobic is amazing for the price, as good as some I’ve paid 4x the price for if not more, this stuff’s a keeper …

The tip I would give is make sure your RS is as clean as you can get it before applying, delighted with the results?

Lee

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

rslucky
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve been using it for about 6 months now and have decided to use it on my wife’s car and my daughters car as it offers great protection and is so easy to use.  I’m not going to use it on the RS anymore for two reasons. Firstly I love cleaning it and it definately shines and reflects better with my usual sealant or wax. The ceramic wax is good but it looses that deep wet glossy look I get from blackfire sealant or king of gloss etc.   Secondly when you wash the car the ceramic coating kills any suds. You can have a nice hot bucket of sudsy water and within a few passes it’s dead. I suppose that shows the stuff works, but it feels like I’m cleaning the car with plain hot water. I’ve tried it with meguiars gold class shampoo,  autoglym shampoo and ez watermelon. It seems to kill the suds on all of them. But, as I say, on the other cars it’s a brilliant product as they are not as pampered!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Megiuars ceramic hybrid wax. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!