Minimum number of posts to sell?

Home Forums General Suggestions Minimum number of posts to sell?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Just an idea, some sites requires a period of membership or minimum number of posts before you can use the classified section or sell stuff.  People who turn up with a first post for sale items are not adding or interested in the community I guess?   Some credibility is needed first, else it could just end up a site for selling stolen parts !

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes, make it ten posts min  before putting an advert and a gap between first post and advert post of 4 weeks at minimum to stop the in-outters.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Agree 9’s minimum postings a must, and possibly a reason for selling, may be ?

Honorary Member

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Very good idea from 9 and members could inadvertently be buying a stolen items from these one off postings and also have to agree with BDAs numbervof posts and the wait period.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I 100% agree another chancer with the gearbox add.

Coastliner

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Yes a really good idea, gets my vote as well.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Yes that could be an idea.

Callum who is selling the box has been registered since 7th May 2016 but just doesn’t post in the forum. Can always do a quick check by clicking on their username if it appears dodgy eg: https://mk3focusrs.club/forum/users/callum66/

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I posted a new thread as I don’t know individual sellers, but various recent posts prompted my thoughts, so not aimed at anyone, just feel it’s a policy worth looking at. Pleased to see others have similar views.

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

I am also a member on M3 Cutters, to post in the for sale section is a minimum of 50 posts. So yes a good idea.

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Very good idea, gets my vote.

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Same here…used to be a member on a typeR forum, again, minimum posts, time period on how long you were a member before viewing the classifieds, never mind being able to post an ad…

After one member got scammed on a Hondata box you then had to put a handwritten note with your member user name and date of ad post with the item you were selling, and any info you wished to include on it (PayPal name etc)…all adds to piece of mind for the buyer. Plus there was the initial ‘membership fee’ too.

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

andy1600i
    Participant

UK - England

Have to agree with all the above, if you are a genuine enthusiast.

mondeoman
    Participant

UK - England

I’m not sure that the number of posts is relevant as it could encourage people to post loads of rubbish. Surely the length of time as a member is more relevant in preventing someone simply joining to sell?

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

10 posts also on LC Crazy forum before you can get to buy or sell.

Former RS Edition owner

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Rubbish post bumping normaly gets deleted and discounted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Minimum number of posts to sell?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!