Mods

Home Forums Performance General Mods

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

soren
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all, i have just bought my RS not long back and currently it has the mountune 375 package, i have roughly £2000 for further mods and i would like to get a little more bhp/torque. I havnt a clue about engines and I know this will invalidate my warranty but what would be the best mods to go for more power or will £2000 get me any more? this would include fitting aswell as I havnt a clue, also any garages people may have used in the Teesside/north east area would be a big help, cheers

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Soren, Dreamscience do a maping device that you purchase with 3 maps loaded on it, plug it into your OBD Port and load up the Ultima map, its amazing, the difference is stunning, less than 400 bucks transforms the car, the FMP375 map is just a warm tune, there is so much more, cheap upgrade, plus you can put the car back to the original tune at any time, check out the website, I have used it for 1500 miles and it’s been perfect, you need to run your RS on high octane fuel like Shell V-max or Tesco 99 but other than that it’s a plug and play upgrade, it really shocks you how fast the RS becomes with a hit tune

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

The 375 is the one to go for if you want to keep your warranty however if you go for the 375 then do other upgrades that are not warrantied you then have other options.

An intercooler (£650), sports cat (£500) and map (£400-600) would be a good base. Induction kit and exhaust could be a further £1000 but would get minimal gains but improved noise. Most Stage 2 will be over 400bhp (Litchfield, MSD, Revo etc)

soren
    Participant

UK - England

Kenny i already have the 375 package, i just wasnt sure what mods to get to maybe get to nearer 400bhp if possible with my budget, so basically have the induction kit already. Another problem is bloody people getting back to me with quotes for doing the jobs, its unreal the amount of people who just ignore your messages, or is that just me haha.

Johny is the dreamscience much better than the 375? Also me and technology just dont seem to get on very well, although could get my daughter to do it haha, cheers for your input fellas

js1873
    Participant

UK - Scotland

You could get the M380 map, hardpipe kit and an intercooler and you’ll not be far off 400bhp.

Revo stage 2 is coming out soon and seeing as you’ve got an induction kit already you’ll just need the map, intercooler and sports cat which I’d imagine the £2000 will cover with change.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mods. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!