MORE RUST!!!

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing MORE RUST!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!!

Gave the RS a right good clean today as she was filthy after some recent Autumn Blasting. While doing this I’ve came across 2 more RUSTY bits!! The first one I found just behind the drivers side bonnet hinge on the inner wing area. It would appear that the ribbed plastic shroud around the wiring for the heated washer jets has been rubbing on the inner wing when the bonnet is shut and it’s made a right F**KEN MESS!!

The wiring loom is actually clipped to the bonnet hinge. It may be a one off but I’d strongly advise others to have a quick check in this area just in case other RS’s are suffering from this!!
    The second is a rust spot on the tailgate next to the Ford badge…

So it’ll be back to the body shop for me!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

Evening @brembo

Mines a nitrous blue & I noticed in exactly the same spot the paint was being rubbed away in August  after a wash ,so I cleaned area & added more paint to prevent corrosion. I will keep an eye on this area as eventually without correction there will be a hole for sure in time .

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo evening mate ? Mine the same noticed it a while back but totally forgot about it, found it getting all the muck and crap out… cheers for the reminder. Also check under your boot lid, top area when open. The paint has come off the bond in that area on mine to… ☹️

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

nasty Marc !  I read on the other forum  early 2016 that a member on there had noticed the wiring rubbing on his paint, so when I got mine i stuck some black duct tape in the area and its stopped the wiring from rubbing directly on paint.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, O mate, that doesn’t look good hope you can get it sorted asap ?

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@gm, like Brembo that doesn’t look good either. Hope get yours sorted asap

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I will check mine pronto.

Coastliner

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Me too, thanks for the heads up @Brembo

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks @Brembo me too, good spot.?

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Oh wow, that looks awful. Thanks for the heads up, will be checking mine also. Hope you get it sorted and looking shiny again

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by marty_rs.

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve got a very small rust spot on the tailgate by the number plate which has perplexed me cos I had it detailed and ceramic coated within days of getting it…  I’ll check the areas you guys have mentioned above – I already have a suspected leak on the rear tailgate cos I have a water line down the middle of my rear screeen.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

This threads freakin me out!.

Gonna have a real good inspection all over this weekend.

Won’t be as easy on a magnetic.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

mines never been out in the rain yet, think I’d better stop washing it if they’re rusting out this fast !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

paulie
    Participant

UK - Wales

Thanks for the heads up, mine seems okay 

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Blimey this is not good news, check mine as soon as I get home, looks as though unless it’s a hole it’s not covered under the paint warranty?

Below just taken from the Ford UK website

I have corrosion appearing on my vehicle. How do I know if this will be covered under the anti-perforation warranty?
    If any part of the original bodywork of the vehicle is perforated by rust corrosion, the panel(s) affected by the perforation will be repaired or replaced by any Ford Authorised Repairer, completely free of charge, regardless of any change in vehicle ownership.

Note: The term ‘perforation’ means a hole that penetrates through the bodywork caused by corrosion from the inside or underside as a result of faulty manufacture.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to MORE RUST!!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!