MORE RUST!!!

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing MORE RUST!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

brembo – Hells Bells Marc, that brake duct mesh is a bit of a mess mate, I noticed a few chips in the mesh in front of my intercooler, when I got down and had a good look there were actually quite a few of them, luckily not rusted yet, I’ve touched them out with a gloss black touch up pen, for now there invisible, but we’ll see how we go with that one.

The brake duct mesh is a doddle to get off, I’ve had both of mine off to get give the ducts a good clean and a dressing of trim rejuvenator to keep them looking fresh. I’ve not had the mesh off in front of the intercooler though.

Fingers crossed the bodyshop will help you out mate.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Morning folks!!

That’s my RS dropped off at the Bodyshop to get that rusty patch in the inner wing sorted. The manager reckons they’ll manage to polish out the scratches on the passenger door from the recent Pheasant incident no bother!! ??.
    Will be collecting it tomorrow morning so shall report back then.
    I’m gonna be lost without my car today!! ??. Thankfully I took it for an almighty Blast yesterday, lol, so should be ok!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Look forward to reading your report @brembo?

Honorary Member

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo pleased the door can be polished out, today is going to be a long one without your RS, hang in there. ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening folks!!

Picked my RS up from the Bodyshop yesterday. Inner wing repaired and some clear protective plastic stuck on top. Well happy with the repair although I may stick something more substantial over the top.
    Done under warranty, so all good!!

They also polished out the damage on my passenger door from the wing mirror incident. Happy with that as well and no charge!! Result!! ????.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, top result ? pleased it went well.

PS Would be grateful if you could give us an update asap when you get some snow

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

Will do mate!! ?.
    I’m actually just back from my local tyre fitters after having my winter tyres fitted. No time to put them through their paces today but once I have I’ll put an update on @alloy ‘s winter tyre thread!!

Cheers, Marc.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Good result that Brembo.

Coastliner

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Great results Brembo ?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo glad its sorted ?

If i can make a dip tank big enough this might be a quick option for mine ?

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Great result, pleased you got it sorted mate.  Put some pushbike clear protector off Amazon on mine, hopefully it will keep the damage at bay !!!

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

Hand car washes are a big factor, the TFC they spray before jet washing your car is an acid, it eats rubber, chrome trims and damaged paint if left too long, hence why I hand wash my RS, it’s a pain, but the hand car wash is all about speed, they aren’t worried about your cars lifespan,

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@johnybig If you seen the products they use round by me, you would not let them do your drive…! Only me for my cars, not even ford ?

Andriy D
    Participant

Ukraine

It is very strange that at an early stage it looks like dots of damage, and not like scuffing. Damage becomes a solid spot after the paint is damaged and the corrosion process has begun. If the plastic tube rubbed over the paint and gradually rubbed the paint to the metal, then at an early stage we would have seen a solid scuffing. Today I looked at my Magnetic gray RS and saw the initial stage of damage. At the same time, to the touch, the damage sites were not smooth, but similar to the track from the caterpillar. I can assume that damage to the paint occurred before the paint applied to the body dried in the factory… Very strange …
    It’s very unpleasant that Ford probably knows about this problem and could solve it by spending penny already in the dealer network before selling the car or on the first service, but they doesn’t do this, letting dealers earn when the warranty expires and this will become a problem for the owner.
    I sealed the place of damage of the paint with a black decorative film, and for my car, I think this issue is resolved.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

I adopted similar method as stuartditchburn above after alcohol wipe and touch up. Stealth.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to MORE RUST!!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!