Mot Horrors

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Mot Horrors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Haven’t seen one like this for a while. Two child seats fitted…

I’ll post more of the stuff I come across as and when.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

<!–more–>

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Was the rest of the vehicle ok or was it a shed, looks like winter tyres so I would have thought it was someone careful who cared about their motor and family safety.

Guess lucky not to damage wheel/ steering set up.

May the Ford be with you

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

That doesn’t look good, could have been really dangerous

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

It looks ready to go pop.

Coastliner

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

@yorkirs

Only a couple of minor issues, otherwise clean apart from the tyre damage. The presenter was horrified when shown.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@elliot

Afternoon mate!! Nice thread. I’ve seen some horrendous things over the years working in garages!! I remember checking a Sales car over one time, I pulled the Drivers Seat Belt out all the way to inspect it and found a section had tape wrapped around it, I removed the tape only to find that the Seat Belt had been cut right through and the 2 parts overlapped and taped together!! ???. I mean WTF!! Would’ve just pulled apart had the Driver had an accident!! Pity camera phones weren’t around back then!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Volvo C30, presenter said he heard a twanging noise 3 months ago. Nearside was in same state.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

L200 steering rack mount bolts so loose the movement had caused the lock nut to loosen. The noise was very evident the moment I drove the vehicle.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Usual BMW inner wheel rim crack. This had been covered in grease in an attempt to fool me. Sorry, off you trot ?

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

It looks like that rim has had quite an impact judging by the tyre and alloy.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

That must have been some big pothole

Honorary Member

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

I had the cracking wheel problem with BMW, of course they didn’t want to know and wouldn’t acknowledge this type of wheel was not for for purpose. All they wanted was £600 for a new wheel, robbing gits.

At least Ford owned up to the gasket issue and fixed FOC.

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

Ford were not interested when all four wheels on my wife’s BMAX started to leak air around the valve – which apparently is quite common. I suppose I was one week outside of the 3 year warranty though…. Had to deal with a rude secretary at my local ford main stealer and incredibly abrupt emails from Ford customer service. They lost my future custom over this alone, let alone their handling of my inquiries on the veering steering.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Today’s gem, a 02 Clio, n/s/r coil spring broken. Noted on underside inspection, on brake test the offending spring crapped out onto the floor. That would of been interesting at 70 mph on a motorway.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mot Horrors. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!