Mountune 200 cell vs milltek decat

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Mountune 200 cell vs milltek decat

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

chri_ld
    Participant

Italy

hello, i have mountune exhaust , mountune intake, mountune SSC and recycle valve.. for now, in future i want put new intercooler and 380map.. but i dont know if put 200cell mountune or decat milltek.. i want more pops/bang but dont know if with 200cell i have more or same stock.. thanks for help

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

That question is basically Milltek with “v” Milltek without ????

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

i dont recall more pops when i went with the 200cell, but its certainly louder.

and its not a 5min job to change at MOT time.

chri_ld
    Participant

Italy

For better sound? Its better with 200cell?

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

it is very hard to describe…it is like it lets more of the engine/turbo noise out. Less muffled. With that comes the extra noise too.

In hind sight, i would change the cat first and then if that wasnt enough, i would lock the exhaust valve open and then if the that wasnt enough,  i would change the rear box. But, then i am old…………..and it is fookin loud on start up. Setting off other car alarms loud!

chri_ld
    Participant

Italy

much difference sound with 200cell and milltek decat? thanks

5598jc
    Participant

UK - England

Hello

i had the V3 cat back and the 200 cell front pipe fitted at mountune yesterday

All I can say is “ WOW “ it’s loud

very noticeable on cold start up and when warm

never tried the other make so can’t compate

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve only changed to 200 cell, a little louder, deeper tone, nicer, more responsive.

decat is illegal fails MOT and is about a 4 hour job to swap or change. At £100 an hour dealer rates why bother?  It’s a stupid pointless trend in my view.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Turns
    Participant

UK - England

miltek non res and Decat with open valve on mine ??

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I’ve gone scorpion with decat, and then 200 cell when / if needed…. the swap from factory cat to decat / 200 cell is 3hrs ish, but swapping between decat to 200 cell is allot quicker… the scorpion 200 cell is slim, so no subframe drop to swap over. It’s the physical size of the factory cat that needs the sub frame dropped.

Ill put some pic’s up tomorrow if i get chance ?

5598jc
    Participant

UK - England

The mountune 200 cell

IS NOT A MOT A FAILURE

I checked with Mountune who have confirmed this

philf1
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve gone Milltek sport cat 200 and their non res exhaust with valve delete and it’s effing loud as fook particularly on a cold start at 6.30 when I leave for work

i bet the neighbours hate me ?

Please check out and subscribe to my Instagram 

Check out my sons detailing website if you’re in the West Yorkshire area https://tphdetails.com/

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@philf1 I’ve done scorpion decat –  with scorpion non res OMG loud is not the word!  Ive put a slowed down vid up on instagram gmmrk3. The 200 cell will be going in next week, as its frightening the funk out of people ? built up areas, are a no go at the moment!

Shame really tho as turbo noise and normal / flat out is real nice with no restriction, just under load up hills taking it easy is LOUD… Pops bangs and crackles are brutal….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mountune 200 cell vs milltek decat. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!