Mountune 375 Kit fitted

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Mountune 375 Kit fitted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 132 total)
  • Author

Simon Knight
    Participant

United Kingdom

After 1,000 miles of running in, I have just had the Mountune 375 fitted by Jackson Ford.

I have to say it is utterly epic. The louder induction roar, the dump valve sound and the pops and bangs even in normal mode are worth the investment. The power is amazing and it just pulls and pulls. I am very glad I have had the work done and I can highly recommend the service I received from Dan and Ryan at Jacksons. I was able to watch the work and chat to the guys in the workshop. All in all a great experience.

Mallard man
    Participant

UK - England

Great to read this, mine goes in on Wed for the same kit.

stevenad
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds great Simon.

What was the final cost? and how long did the fitting take?

Steve

Simon Knight
    Participant

United Kingdom

£899 inc VAT plus approx. 1.5 hrs labour. Worth every penny.

Simon Knight
    Participant

United Kingdom

John. You will be laughing the first few miles. It is epic.

marcspark
    Participant

UK - England

I get mine fitted on Wednesday looking forward to it

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Good to hear Simon! What’s planned next?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Mine’s been in their workshop for a week while Ford decides where the oil leak is from…. So while it’s in I’ve ordered some MT bits and the 375 software remap… doing it as Hardware + Software, not the “kit” so I can pick what colour pipes I want. (Doing the charge pipe etc)

Big thumps up for Dan at Jackson Ford…  great guy and dealership… thanks to a mutual friend it’s such a find to have a Ford dealership who are so much more than a bunch of fitters! ….  People who are genuinely interested and care about customers cars and offer a bespoke service…… A world away from a “Ford Store”

Hopefully (If MT get their supply issues sorted)  I’ll have (most) of the hardware done this week and the car back….    Then the  mapping in a week or two’s  time when the leak repair is re checked….   I’ve done just over 3K, so time seemed right 😉

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Great to hear its made such a difference Simon 🙂 mine goes in to Rob @ SCC on Friday for the following so if yours is nuts lord knows how much nuttier mine will be 🙂

REVO STAGE 1 MAP – POSS STAGE 2 🙂

A/S STAGE 2 INDUCTION KIT

ETS INTERCOOLER AND PIPE KIT

MILLY SPORTS CAT

MOUNTUNE BILLETT SHORT SHIFTER

MOUNTUNE ROLL RESTRICTOR

H&R 20MM LOWERING SPRINGS

KW 15MM SPACERS F/R

MOUNTUNE SOUND SUPPRESSOR

FORGE RE CIRC VALVE

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

mrgreedy
    Participant

United Kingdom

I FINALLY got mine done today at Blackpool Evans Halshaw. It was my nearest Mountune PRO dealership.

They kinda apologised in advance that it was going to take them a little longer than usual because it was the first one they’d done.

Everything went fairly smoothly until it came to loading the map. It didn’t want to go on.. They called Ford and Mountune and ended up using a different machine – worked fine after that.

First impressions..

Idling sounds louder and you can almost feel engine vibration through he steering wheel which was a little disconcerting at first. You /nearly/ get pops in normal mode.. Haha. In sport mode things feel much more urgent than they did. The push-into-the-seat surge feeling that was kinda missing from the stock RS is deffo there. Especially above 3200rpm. Pops come randomly around this figure too. And above 4000 you get pops every time. It deffo feels like it’s running more boost.

The induction noise is pretty loud. And that “metallic” whooshing sound – I kinda like it. I had a Mountune’d Fiesta ST and that made all kinds of weird induction noises depending what revs you were doing – so I’m used to this. You can definitely hear the new re-circ value doing its job when you come off boost.. Although that’s probably more to do with the air filter than the valve itself.

I drove home on a busy motorway and is was pissing down. So i’ve not really had a proper drive yet.

First impressions are GOOD though

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Kenny

I think we need to rename the group to popbangracing.com!!!! LOL

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

No reason for rough idle and vibration… unless they haven’t got the calibration right. … did they have to remove the sound deading from the underside of the bonnet..  not liking the idea of some of these extra noises … ?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

mrgreedy
    Participant

United Kingdom

No no. It’s not ‘rough’ idle. Just a bit louder. The needle shows revs are still smooth when you let go of the throttle.

And I didn’t think there was any calibrating to be honest. The map is the map. It’s just uploaded and boom. (Well, bangbangpop not boom) 🙂

And the Mountune Fiesta ST “wooowooo” induction noise from 1800-2300rpm was legendary. 😀 I like all those weird noises. Haha.

Simon Knight
    Participant

United Kingdom

I saw yours in ther Magentic ? First one I have seen in this colour and looked very nice.

Jacksons are very good and I have known Mat for a many years through BTCC and wouldn’t go anywhere else. They are a really good bunch and you know your car will be very well looked after.

As you say I think Mountune are doing their best to keep up with demand, but it will certainly be worth the wait.

Simon Knight
    Participant

United Kingdom

Louie, That is mental. Good luck keeping hold of your license !! Enjoy !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mountune 375 Kit fitted. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!