Mountune M380

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Mountune M380

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

martin-pedersen
    Participant

Denmark

Hi,

Is it possible with the M380 kit from Mountune, to do flat foot shift and full time launch control?

I can see its possible with the M400 kit.

Thanks

rsdani
    Participant

Italy

Nope mate, there are no such features of the M380 package. Yet, the throttle response is day and night vs the stock map hence you’ll enjoy rev matching!!!

martin-pedersen
    Participant

Denmark

Thanks for the reply, i allready have the M380, that was why i was corious =)

I didnt have the balls to try flatfoot shift, in case the car wasnt prepared for it.

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

Anyone gone from FPM375 to M380…?

I was looking at the M400 maps, but I see they now recommend forging…

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

No point in the swap from FPM375 to M380, most went to the 400bhp area stage2 from stock or any of the entry level maps

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

5598jc
    Participant

UK - England

I went from 375 to 380 it was worth every penny would recommend noticed a difference straight away works great with the cat back V3 and the down pipe sports cat
    The turbo spools up much quicker

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

The M380 is joy, perfect balance between power and longevity, the Dreamscience has more shove but is switch like on off, the M380 is so usable and hardly any lag

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Ive just gone from m380 to msd400 and the difference is night and day, the  m380 is pretty good but so much more linear power delivery and can feel very flat, the msd has that extra punch that does make all the difference, i used to run dreamscience too and the msd is so much smoother all the way through the rev range!

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

The M380 is linear as you say, which makes the RS feels natural and usable, less turbo charged, which I like, it’s a night and day improvement from a standard RS, so if the MSD400 is even more of the M380 style, I would certainly entertain it, the Dreamscience was fast but the delay and heavy surge style delivery doesn’t make for controllability, the M380 rewards for holding onto the revs, it redlines really easily, without any dip in performance near the rev limit, if you want a RS that performs brilliantly without heavy mods, it’s a great bang for buck improvement, no downsides at all.

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

dreamscience is to me was all over the place, either all or nothing and I just didn’t like the hesitation then a massive surge of boost! The m380 and msd400 are very much the same, very similar how the power is delivered, the 380 is good but after the 400 I won’t be going back, onward to the 420?

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Interesting read that. It’s very noteworthy that 380 v/s 375 is a tiny HP increase (not sure of the torque increase) but makes a significant difference. This highlights how the map itself makes such a difference in the feel.

NB FPM375

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The M380 has a steeper torque curve than the warranty approved FPM375.

This makes more of the feel in bum barometer difference than 5bhp which you’d probably not notice really.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

I quite like the Dreamscience the U3 and all supporting mods is spot on for the coin, is well worth it… With U2+ and just intake was nowhere near as good… Mountune boost pipes, ETS intercooler full scorpion with De-cat, plugs its spot on…? (and the new K&N oil fitter must add 10HP?)

I still plan to go custom tune, forge and few more bits possibly when this shit is over….?, and i think the best tune way to go is like @Nateodog and @white-rs2 and get the tune to your car and not off the shelf MT or DS.. its the best way to get your car to perform how you want it…

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

1. Only experienced the 375 and DS maps but only with the Mountune induction atm. Think I will stick with DS and get the hardware sorted. For me the U2+ isn’t so much lag, hesitation. It pulls really well then all hell breaks loose which I quite like tbh, each to their own though. Get hardware on and U3, see how that goes and when Dreamscience reopens, get booked in to have the Tractive suspension fitted.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

driver1971
    Participant

UK - England

I too need advice on the m380.
    I have a standard car with Scorpion full system including sports cat. I want to go up in power but not enough to make car really noisy ( as been there with my st225) and love the exhaust remote for sound control.
    I am looking at m380 performance kit and mountune intercooler.
    if i went 400 would it be a lot more aggressive everyday driver and would i need to do anything to internals or Will engine take it ?

cheers in advance

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mountune M380. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!