Mountune M380

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Mountune M380

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

I went from standard to 375 and then 380. Cannot say I noticed any difference. I then went m400. At the time Mountune were not suggesting going the forged route with m400. A couple of months after upgrading to m400, Mountune’s website suggested forged internals for m400. I found m400 too noisy. Exhaust was either normal or very loud. There was no mid ground sound. It was like an on/off switch.  I then went forged after about 8 months  and 400x. Best of Mountune’s tunes, although some say is not actually producing the full 400 when measured on dyno – but there are many other factors to consider and that is for separate debate. M400 sounds lovely, rich and characterful through the rev range. If you can afford it and want to stay with Mountune – then m400r/x is the way to go.

Have booking date for 450 upgrade – just hope it does not spoil that rich creamy sound.

Regards

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

I just took this from a screenshot of a rolling road with std Vs 375 Vs 380. It was an old Mark cup video. Not sure it’s 100% relevant but interesting to see.

NB FPM375

RPJESSEX
    Participant

UK - England

Resurrecting this thread here- I did create a new one but then was able to search & this popped up!

I currently run FPM375 but am tempted to get the M380 as the car is ending its extended warranty period. I don’t want to forge the engine or add any further mods, so I wouldn’t feel comfortable increasing the power to over 400, hence my reasoning for the M380 interest.

I do have a couple of questions on this maps from owners please.

Firstly, with the additional turbo spool, do you find it holds the boost for longer than the 375 map & when letting off the throttle recovers the boost quicker. Has this made a noticeable difference day to day driving, when on the motorway?

I’ve got the V3 exhaust as well & I note there’s the M380 map + exhaust optimisation. What does this do? I can’t really find anything online about it!

I know it’s a lot of money for potentially little gain but I’ve always used Mountune products on my cars & think it could be a worthwhile upgrade.

Hope someone can help! Thanks

kaxe
    Participant

UK - England

I went from FPM375 to M380 and I found it a little punchier and it popped and banged a lot more which I found addictive lol! 🙂

Use the + exhaust map to utilise the V3, you will feel the difference, my mate did when I told him to reload the map as he didn’t realise it was on the mTune lol 🙂

I’m now at M400 and it drives completely different to M380 as you can’t just plant your foot flat like I did with the previous two maps, I now have to be a bit more careful as the torque is a monster and learn to drive it all over again! 🙂

kaxe
    Participant

UK - England

Also it feels like my Mountune Recirc valve is being overworked as I can now hear it from inside the car going Whooooshhhh Whooooshhhhh and you couldn’t hear it before without the windows down so I wonder if this is why some people’s valves have failed and they’ve switched to Turbosmart ones!??

RPJESSEX
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Food for thought that’s for sure!

It’s good to hear that there was a difference between 375 & 380!

I got excited this morning as Mountune had 15% off for today only, but that was for their smart flash products for the Fiesta/ Puma ST. If it had been for M380 I would have hit that purchase button!

kaxe
    Participant

UK - England

aaaw damn yeah that would have been useful!

I only went M380 as it was on offer at Christmas during the 12 Days of Mountune so I thought = why not! 🙂

No worries, Good luck with your choices! 🙂

RPJESSEX
    Participant

UK - England

Absolutely!

Yep, makes perfect sense why you chose that upgrade then!

One more question about the exhaust optimisation please. Does the car pop & bang more just in sport mode, or all of the time? Whilst I enjoy the noises it makes, I think being a little more refined in normal mode is sometimes required! 😅

kaxe
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah it will pop in normal if you take it above 5,500 my valve opened and I had a small pop but Sport you’ll be popping more lol! 😀

But I know what you mean I switch to normal when I get to my Town Centre for ease of steering and to quiet down! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mountune M380. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!