Mountune MRX Cylinder Head – 2.3L EcoBoost

Home Forums Performance Engine Mountune MRX Cylinder Head – 2.3L EcoBoost

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

MRX Cylinder Head – 2.3L EcoBoost.

Price:£4,399.00

The mountune MRX Cylinder head upgrade for the 2.3L EcoBoost (Focus RS / Mustang EcoBoost) features dyno and flow bench tested improvements that produce maximum reliable power across a wide RPM range.

Each cylinder head is based on a new genuine Ford RS casting that is inspected before receiving a precision NEWEN valve seat profile. The throat of each port is opened up to remove obstructions and then blended into the valve seat to improve flow.

Each head is then ultrasonically cleaned before assembly by one of our motorsport professionals using Supertech High Performance Valves along with dual valves springs matched to our V3 camshafts. This head is ideal for those running a larger than stock turbocharger.

The head ships completely assembled with valve lash set using all new cam followers and ready to install on you engine.

Features:
    Intake airflow is improved by 44% and exhaust air flow is improved by 28% compared to an otherwise stock 2.3L Cylinder head.

Testing on our in-house engine dyno shows an improvement of +44HP and +53lb-ft compared to the stock cylinder head with standard camshafts on an otherwise identical engine.

Intake valve seats feature multi angle profile, Exhaust valve seats feature radiused profile.

Increased power and torque
    Assembled from all new parts, no core is required
    Dyno and flow bench proven

V3 Camshaft specification:
    Intake Duration 264° (OE Duration 234°)
    Exhaust Duration 256° (OE Duration 224°)
    Intake Valve Lift 10.85mm (OE 8.00mm)
    Exhaust Valve Lift 9.70mm (OE 6.99mm)

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Serious tuning only !

I think my days of ploughing mega money in to an engine are over !! ?

peters
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

In stock ?

Its back !

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Oooohhh NICE!! Quality bit of kit!! My mouths watering!! Hell of a bloody price though!!</p>
    Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I think the cams are Piper BP285.

A good fast road cam used them plenty of these in CVH turbos, OHV’s, Pintos and Duratec motors and all revved well and you could feel it come on cam like turbo boost kicking in but obviously not as fierce ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

“This head is ideal for those that are running a larger than stock WALLET”.

Former RS Edition owner

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

I take it this is Mountune USA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mountune MRX Cylinder Head – 2.3L EcoBoost. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!