Mountune QuickShift Install Video

Home Forums Performance Transmission Mountune QuickShift Install Video

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Great video from Josh Mills installing the mountune quick-shift in his Mk3 Focus RS! He has also feedback after fitting this upgrade the shifts are indeed shorter, smoother and more precise. Josh highly recommends this upgrade for any RS owner!

Top tip: The roll pin is a pain in the ass to get out, a squirt of WD40 made a world of difference.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Has anyone got a new one they haven’t fitted or a nearly new one they’ve taken off for sale

🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

My experience of the Mountune short shifter is that it made some shifts really notchy, e.g. 3rd to 2nd a real pain. Took it out after a few hundred miles. I don’t understand when some say it’s a lot shorter and more precise. I didn’t feel much of a difference in that regard. Much more comfortable without IMO, but I guess it’s down to individual preferences.

RSOldie
    Participant

UK - England

@RS77 the owner of a well known tuning firm advised me to leave mine as is for the very same reason.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I like mine, doesn’t feel too notchy, noticeably shorter, a little heavier but quicker shiftering if required due to shorter throw.  Fitting isn’t too bad, a pusher for the pin would be much easier than the hammer method.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

I agree I like the notchy short throw

but that pin is a real pain in the ass not enough room to give it a good wack

blechdosenbill
    Participant

Germany

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I removed my short shifter (not the mountune one) After a few weeks. I liked the shorter throw but the gear change got to heavy and notchy under Hard driving.</p>

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I must have a good box then !!!  (Much better than the Z4 I have)

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

gregstar125
    Participant

UK - England

I know this is an old thread but still valid – Just had the Mountune short shifter fitted in the last couple of hours and the 70 mile drive home has made me want to take it off and go back to standard. There’s a refined, smooth feel to the standard one that the aftermarket part does not have at all.

I live and learn, especially about a car I have little experience of so far. (used to fit short shifters to Subaru’s years ago and was expecting the same result with the RS)

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Get them to check and adjust the linkage etc, mines fine.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Must agree with @9designs regarding the Mountune short Shifter. No issues whatsoever and a nice short shift. Anyone with issues perhaps needs to reset their gear cables. I would’ve attached a “how to” guide but I can’t find it right now!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

Here you go @brembo

Thats nobody did a guide

https://youtu.be/2p4KzNdAZls

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@rs-le

Nice one mate!! That’s the one!! ?

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Smokin Joe
    Participant

UK - England

I know this is an old thread but I’ve bitten the bullet and gone for the mountune short shifter, arrived yesterday so hoping to get it fitted soon…………

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMMN6WxIREcNGljuqrLTKFg

Joe

Nitrous Blue

M380

Rally Armour Flaps

Scorpion Sports Cat/Exhaust

TRC’s

Mountune Billet Short Shifter

Airtec Intercooler

Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Smoking Joe don’t follow the video and hit the shite out for you car with a hammer…. Get or make up a small press tool to get the pin out 😬

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mountune QuickShift Install Video. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!