Mountune Secondary Intake Kit

Home Forums Performance Engine Mountune Secondary Intake Kit

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

After months of emails phone calls and more emails from my Ford dealer it arrived today.

The secondary intake pipe to match the FPM375 supplied first intake pipe. Black on Black and NO silver logo or twin stripes

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

whats that supposed to do then?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

To look pretty basically

or

To look pretty Mountune extended version –

The mountune secondary intake kit for the Mk3 Focus RS has been engineered to maximise the available package space, makes larger turbo installation easier and is the perfect finishing aesthetic touch to any mountune’d engine bay.

As well as a high-quality cast aluminium enlarged bore secondary intake pipe, a flouro-lined silicone coupler hose and clips are also included in the kit, allowing for easy installation.

Whilst compatible with the OE turbocharger, with a revised end position on the turbo-side, the secondary intake also allows for easier installation of larger turbos.

Works in harmony with mountune Induction Kit and is a direct replacement for the OE rear turbo pipe work.

Features:

Larger capacity, high-flow duct
    Easier installation of larger turbochargers
    Improved engine bay aesthetics
    Flouro-lined silicone coupler hose
    Supplied with hose clips

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Standard Silver on black

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Does it effect the warranty?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

LOL Probably every thing else seems to

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

they certainly believe in wasting packaging and putting small things in big boxes. That’s where half the money goes !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

@white rs2 . Is black on black now an option? Or did you have to make a specific request?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@jasoni

I was on to them and my dealer for months well since March this year.

I got into my dealer loads well I more like hounded them as Mountene said where looking at the idea but didn’t and won’t give a date. As the dealer is a Mountune agent and originally sold me the FPM375 kit in the first place, only fair they source a matched secondary

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

Time to start hounding mine then.

dannyt87
    Participant

UK - England

I’m a little late to the scene on this one…So I’m thinking of adding the Secondary Intake to the Mountune Induction Kit I already have. Does the Secondary Intake offer any performance gains? Or is it purely an aesthetic thing? Also is it easy to fit, or fiddly? (loads of questions I know) only reason I’m asking is I’m think of adding it, plus the SSC during my service at Mountune next week. They’ve give me a package price of £675 (from £760) all inclusive – So Vat, Labour, Parts + Service. Don’t know if that’s a good price, or I’m I better saving the money and either putting the part on myself or not bothering at all?

Supercat
    Participant

UK - England

@dannyt87

What did you end up doing mate?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mountune Secondary Intake Kit. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!