Moving wheels front to back (tyre wear)

Home Forums Performance Tyres Moving wheels front to back (tyre wear)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

Morning Guys & Girls

Anyone moving there wheels about for even tyre wear as fords recommend?

Im going to swap mine about today for the 1st time as the fronts are slightly more worn than the rears, so I’m trying to get even wear

Are the Michelin Pilot super sports directional tyres?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Not done it on this car yet but have done on other cars in the past, seems to work well, Just swop front to rear.

Honorary Member

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Tyres are not directional.

They are marked inside/outside and called Asymmetric

the cross system is best as usually the near side tyres wear more on the outside edge it’s the roundabout effect.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Just had my wheels repainted, so I did do a front to back swap on refitting, they done 11500 miles so the front were a little more worn.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Fords top diagram is a funny Idea! Ive always put drivers front to passenger rear and the passenger rear to drivers front, then the passenger front to drivers rear, and drivers rear to passenger front. Onnit. Innit.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Moving wheels front to back (tyre wear). If you're not already a member then you can register for free!