MSD multimaps or dreamscience imap

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU MSD multimaps or dreamscience imap

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Gents,

Looking for some advice. Fancy giving my RS a bit more ooomph. Like the idea of using a handheld such as the dreamscience Imap or Cobb accessport by MSD as the car can easily be put back to stock and then the handset sold on without losing too much money. I am assuming both can be used as an obd reader for fault codes/clearing faults etc??

What’s the advantages of the MSD accessport over dreamscience Imap? Big difference in price looking at the two. MSD offers multimaps for changing between maps on the cruise control button. Would this be a bit of a novelty as I would probably end up sticking to the one map?

MSD seems to offer a bit more in terms of enhanced pops and bangs and even no pops and bangs in normal mode which would be handy in certain situations when trying to be quiet, early mornings/late evenings etc

My car is completely stock apart from a mountune induction kit with high flow filter and exhaust valve delete.

Look forward to any info, feedback people have on either system.

Cheers, Neil

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Like you said big difference in price. MSD offer more options. Im running dreamscience and the difference is night  and day over stock. Once i get my exhaust, sports cat and cooler il be switching dreamscience out for someone else.

If you got the money and dont mind the price i would choose MSD.

440bhp

443lbft

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Matt.B

What map are you running? Did you try a few of them out or find yourself on Ultima 2 or 3 and just using that all the time. Heard some reviews talking of a bit of hesitation before it picks up with certain maps? I take it you can return to stock as many times as you like for any work at ford etc? It’s only when you marry/unmarry a vehicle that the lives are affected?

I’m not sure what I want to do as yet. MSD is tempting for the exhaust noise options aswell but is a lot of coin for the sake of a bit of noise. Take it the handhelds offer the same sort of diagnostic abilities?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I loaded ultima 2+ straight away. I think 2+ and the new 3+ are the most up to date maps so no point in trying anything else.

Not everyone Experiences the slight hesitation but i definitely can. Its hard to explain because i think it sounds worse than what it is when talking about it on a forum. I think i have read the more hardware you have the less noticeable it becomes.

You are correct in that you just load your stock map back on if you need to take it to ford for any work. Its pretty simple to do on the handset.

I chose dreamscience because i think its decent value for the money and easy to sell on and recoup most of your money. If we were closer to each other id let you have a spin to see if you liked it.

440bhp

443lbft

Darrenharris1
    Participant

UK - England

@matt.b did you mean 3 and not 3+ is there new map out cause I know they was in talks of doing a 3+ ?

• 🚙

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Neilrs2k maybe an option to pick up used DS give it a go I’m over the moon where i am for cost, when i get custom map done the DS ownership would of cost me about £25-£50 if i sell the handset on…. Or £125 if i had purchased new??

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

@darrenharris1 sorry bud you are correct its ultima 3. My bad.

@GM
    exactly that. Value for money cant be sniffed at.

440bhp

443lbft

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@GM

Was thinking that myself. Im not sure paying £900 for the MSD one is justifiable at the moment when a second hand IMAP would be closer to the £300-£350 mark.

I’m sure comparably the MSD is better overall but maybe not £500-£600 better off. I’m just looking for a bit extra over standard.

Does the IMAP have full functionality for reading fault codes etc?

Thanks again guys

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Neilrs2k it does and data, but honestly best left in the box once loaded… ? i was quite lucky picked up a pile of almost new stuff off a guy who sold up, map 3 types of air filters, turbo smart plumb back and so on…

The custom route for me is purely me wanting a few things added, and deciding how far to go…. but the DS for the money is spot on, and makes the car allot more fun!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to MSD multimaps or dreamscience imap. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!