Mud flap fitment

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling Mud flap fitment

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Little bit off original question but I’m thinking about getting the Rally Armour Mountune flaps. Been on about it for ages but still not done it. I like these but to my eye (and yes I know it’s it’s counter productive) but the fronts seem to protrude a little too far from the side face of the car. Has anyone who fitted them been able to move them inboard slightly (say 5mm or so).

NB FPM375

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@stu-c

I fitted them a few weeks back. Very easy to do with minimal tools and don’t even need to take the front wheels off for fitting the fronts.

I think they suit the car and I fitted some 12mm spacers with black wheel nuts at the same time.

I’ll put up a couple of pics so that you can see how far the fronts protrude on mine. There is a little bit of play to get them in a bit. I don’t think mines stick out as much as the ones in your photo.

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

You can see on the holes for the mud flaps the amount of play you can get in the flaps side to side.

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Don’t think these stick out as much as the ones in your photo. I also think they look a bit more subtle with the nitrous blue writing rather than the bright yellow mountune logo. Just personal preference though.

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ve been on a couple of journeys since fitting mines and have noticed a difference with how much the dirt gets up the side of the car. Mud flaps have had dirt and road crud on them but nothing on the side of the car or rear.

My mate who came out a drive in his car on the same roads had a bit up the side and rear lower bumper by comparison although his BMW has 25mm spacers.

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@ stu-c they’re pretty much fixed because of the brackets

got these if your interested..

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve stuck some of these in the box to hide the screws

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks lads, great info there.

I fancy the Mountune yellow as I have that badging on my car (plus I have a Mountune discount code burning a hole in my pocket)

It looks as though I could perhaps open the slot a little in the front flaps and that would give me a bit more adjustment?Didn’t want to do that but can’t see any detriment to the flap?

NB FPM375

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

The Mountune flaps are Rallyarmor except for the Mountune own branding. There is some relative movement/adjustability between the brackets and the flaps due to the obround holes in the flaps.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mud flap fitment. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!