Mudflaps

Home Forums General Suggestions Mudflaps

• This topic has 49 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by dicky.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

JMP58
    Participant

UK - England

ok guys,

Being new to the mk3 club and having recently purchased my grey one which has now had stone chip protection on the front and mirrors as well as a full ceramic coating. My question is which mudflaps to get?

There  seem to be a few types available and some genuine Ford ones. I can’t have them too close to the ground as I do park up off road at a few hill climb events I go to.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I think rally armour are pretty popular. You can choose which colour to match your car and we get a discount in the members shop. Il be ordering some soon.

440bhp

443lbft

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

there is a pretty comprehensive thread or two on here, probably best to have a search back through old threads in RS chat. basically,  you can have Bobcat’s style using std Focus flaps if you want a subtle look, or rally armour ones or Rallyflapz, both big flaps. Only real difference is the armour ones do not go all the way up to that little widget of fords on rear arch and leave a gap ( not to my liking) or the rallyflaps which go all the way up to the ford baby flap gizmo and to me look neater. Also available in thin 3mm Kaylan or a bit more robust 4mm non kaylan stuff and half price to boot.

mind the ‘gap’  rally armour

no ‘gap’ rallyflapz in 4mm stuff..

Bob will be along with his smooth OEM flaps any minute..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Focus Mk3 ?

Honorary Member

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

i’m with Bobcat on this one, i also av Ford original’s fitted front & rear – looks like they should be there, personal taste —- original looking or rally looking

rog
    Participant

UK - England

Could be of interest.

Focus Focus MK3 – Mud Guards

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Few options in the club shop:

MK3 Focus RS Mudflaps

daddy999
    Participant

UK - England

The flaps for sale on here, are they easy to fit or do they require non standard drilling and cutting. I don’t want to get them if I’m going to make a mess inside the arches.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

daddy, no, they are a piece of cake regarding fitting the rallyflapz, I believe the rally armor are the same, and bob will be along shortly to explain fitment of the oem ones

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The Ford ones are designed to fit the fixing points, the only issue is with the fronts they need soaking in hot water to make them supple to shape the sill.

Honorary Member

jh1
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat ?

Whats your opinion of these / ok for the RS!!!

as listed on eBay item No

Do you happen to still have a link for the ones you bought.

?? Does anyone have a pic of nb with the focus style guards fitted – just wondering if the focus black looks as good on nb as dark colours.

Cheers

AndyH
    Participant

UK - England

Just checked on eBay. It says these DO NOT fit RS or ST ….

Regards,

Andy

2018 Blue Edition

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@jeff, Mud Flap part number from Ford

part No F1798977 rear, F1722673 front. Personally I think they do a really good job of keeping stone rash down as well as dirt. Also I’ve found they clear all but one speed bump (I avoid it now) that I’ve gone over. I have a ramp from the road onto my drive so I needed them to clear that as well.

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mudflaps. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!