Mudflaps

Home Forums General Suggestions Mudflaps

• This topic has 49 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by dicky.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author

jh1
    Participant

UK - England

Appreciated AndyH and Bobcat.

?????

allhailj
    Participant

Australia

Hey Bobcat what model focus are your oem mud flaps off just wondering where to buy them or what to search for.

Cheers

Jb

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@jb, they are Focus Mk 3 mud flaps part number part No F1798977. You should be able to get them through your Ford dealership. The only extra fitting I did was on the far inside where the mud flap meets the liner.

Honorary Member

steve-rs
    Participant

UK - England

hi I’ve recently fitted a set of rallyflapz  (purchased from the shop on here)

and i’m really pleased with them, they meet up to the small black spat on the rear arch.

easy to fit as well all down to personal choice

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one. Any pics to share please.

Honorary Member

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Anyone got a photo of the inside of the front and rear wheel arch with the Rallyflapz mudflaps installed?

Supercat
    Participant

UK - England

I just received my RallyFlapz from the shop but i really do like the OEM one’s that Bobcat has.

EDIT: Just realised the OEM ones don’t cover the inside of the wheel arch.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@supercat, they are shaped and do cover the inside of the arch. Agree probably not right to the top.

Honorary Member

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@Kenny – It appears no one seems keen on revealing what the inside of the wheel arch looks like with their Rallyflapz in place. Do they really look that bad guys? lol.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Kenny & tony, probably because its hard to get a good photo of in there, through a small gap and when its basically all black! But here goes..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

and..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks bda.

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Did anyone ever get those cast Ford flaps (presumably in black) on a NB? They look good on Bobcats black car but not so sure on NB? Any photos out there?

NB FPM375

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@stu-c, I think coastliner fitted the Ford ones to the rear and made some for the front. Hopefully he’ll be along soon and tell us if that’s what he has done.

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat

That’s quite correct the rear one’s just like bobcat fit perfectly, for the front I purchased some 4mm rubber and made a mud flap on a scaled down version of a rally flap and used longer OEM plastic fittings to secure them. The longer fittings were from ebay and were required because of the extra mudflap thickness requires a slightly longer securing plug. Last autumn when I put my winter tyres on I removed the mud flaps to properly clean everything and all was well the mud flaps had done the job. Cost total was £12. Will see if I can find the image.

Coastliner

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mudflaps. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!