My NB RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars My NB RS

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 544 total)
  • Author

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@bobcat πŸ‘

@turbo-tone
    as i told the missis it all has to be done, due to the failing engines 🀫 TBH she’s good as gold, i struggle normally to spend on myself… Her and the kids no problem.. but I’ve made up for it a little πŸ˜‰

The is the mountune Quaife bought off @Tall Paul on here πŸ‘ My mountune pipes hot and cold side will be for sale cheap ish πŸ˜‚ Ive ordered the spec R ones to suit bigger turbo.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@GM, great story, can’t wait for the next stage πŸ‘

Honorary Member

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Super jealous. Hope i get to see this a meet\show this year. Will this be a daily once finshed or weekend toy?

440bhp

443lbft

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Matt. B no its just my Sunday toy… can be be tho, 2 one my mates running big power and used daily 560 & 597….

When the world opens up you can drive it! in low power mode first πŸ˜‰

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

Where did you buy the nx2 from , the states ?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@robroy bought the stuff all over, was hoping to get all in one place… but no-one would match prices

Nx2 from indigo GT…

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

How much is the total so far!?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@nicklulu I’m kinda really lucky with costs got help & expertise in a mate… soon to be about 10K, but looking at upgraded clutch, huge set of stoppers for the front…. so guess ill be around 15-16K all done….

But for that I’ve have complete new motor with 2.0L block very capable of 600 bhp, big turbo & Cammed… all parts new ford OEM, down to nut and bolt level (still have my stock motor as is, 95% complete on a pallet.. only using my injectors really, even got new timing cover and rocker cover 😊)….

New crank, 1000 hp rods, lightweight pistons… oil control system, balance shaft delete…

Mild ported & polished head piper cams and upgraded springs…

Rebuilt my gearbox better and stronger carbon syncs & diff…

Replaced more or less every mount for power flex ones….

Bigger high flow spec R boost pipes…

and as I’m in for a penny….. i might do the KW’s all round & thinking pandora alarm… just for the remote start function, then I’m done, really done! Other than carbon bits?? & seats and interior stuff will have to wait for next year…… Β πŸ€”πŸ™ƒ

I could easily claw back 3-5K if i decide to sell my stock low mileage motor? Could of saved myself 1.5-2K by using my engine as a donor engine…

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

@GM, your RS better be eating 911 GT2 RS for breakfast once you are done!

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@nicklulu I’m not sure about that πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ still a cheap family hatch! I have bought a draggy box to have a little fun……

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@GM good to see the diff is going to get installed soon<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>Β πŸ‘ I’m at 9 k spent so far including security since I bought the car but yours is going to end up epic! Keep up the good work!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚</span>

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Tall Paul it will be put through its paces! Im not sure of total spend since new?? Most prob 20-22K for all….. but theres not many places that are more fun with your clothes on?? We are not on a trail run, have to enjoy it 😊

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@GM tell me about it Gethyn I have EDS and have already exceeded my life expectancy by five years apparently life literally is too short πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Β  In pain but happy with no regrets and in some respects like you Β I’m spending it living it and enjoying it!! Boo yah!

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

@GM, little fun huh….. looks like you are having a blast with it!

And what are you talking about the more fun with clothes on…… don’t lie you drive your RS Naked!

ROFL! 😜

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@nicklulu 😭 it’s cold here mate we’re only naked at birth! After that we are reluctant to remove layers until we’re on holiday!

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to My NB RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!