My NB RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars My NB RS

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 544 total)
  • Author

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Tips have finally come! ?

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

Loving them ? ?? Deffo going that route when I get the cash to do the exhaust.

Sync 3, Lux pack, forged alloys, door protectors, winter pack, MSD420, DSC controller, Mountune; intake, short shift, roll restrictor and springs, Mishimoto intercooler and hoses, Pumaspeed 12mm black wheel spacers and nuts, H&R anti-roll bars, Scorpion valved cat-back with black ceramic tips, J9 Performance exhaust valve controller, EBC grooved/dimpled discs and yellowstuff pads, Goodridge carbon effect brake lines, carbon mirror caps and gear knob, smoked led sequential wing mirror repeaters, bonnet lifters, RS puddle lamps, Rally Armor flaps, Ghost and tracker

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Tips are looking good mate.

You’ve got to be itching to get these parts on your motor now mate, looking forward to reading how you get on, and what your impressions are of the mods after fitting.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@OverRev can’t wait mate… ? ?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@gm

Evening mate!! Hope you’re well!! ?.

Are you gonna be fitting the Downpipe yourself?? If so, pay a visit to your local Ford Parts dept and get yourself 2 x studs and 2 x nuts for Downpipe to Turbo!! I replaced my Downpipe last year and had a nightmare with these, the studs came out with the Nuts and I couldn’t get the Nuts off the studs as I didn’t have any way of heating them. You need the studs in the Turbo to hold the Gasket in place before fitting the Downpipe. They usually keep these in stock as my mate has just got some coz I’m gonna be fitting his Scorpion Downpipe when I get home from Offshore.

Also, these Nuts will be F**KEN tight!! I have heard of people breaking them so take care pal!! I had to use a half inch drive breaker bar (with extension and 15mm socket) and it was a really “twitchy arse” affair!! Lol!! Good luck..!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Rs hater
    Participant

Croatia

Mini lover

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Im more of a big lover.. being close to 20 Stone ??

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo evening ? Thinking of totally going against my ways getting it all done in one hit? ?

only as the ramps i have access to i can’t have them for long enough to do a bit and then come back…

Intercooler and mountune pipes (should of gone ETS pipes mountune are shite, dirty pipes and flakes/ lumps of rubber inside! Normal by all accounts??)

Springs and sway bars

Full exhaust

I even bought a new halfords pro socket set, the huge one with the power bar ready for exhaust! Im in the process of pricing up a rolling road fan job for local company. So could be giving them the work and a dyno run as is then after then with custom EcuTek tune?? And theres the rust i have to address ?

But I’m really struggling with making my mind up on tune?? Think next step is custom tune..

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Just got back from an early morning blast, weather is mint today for a change!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@GM, cracking pic, ideal jig saw picture great scenery ?

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@gm

Morning mate….??. Lovely pic!! I’m gonna be heading out for my daily blast shortly, just hoping it dries up a bit as it’s been a miserable morning!! Love a good blast in the dry as I’m using Track mode with ESC Completely off and shockers back to soft, not had any Veering at all in this mode but I don’t have the balls to have the ESC Completely off in the wet, haha ??, had the back end sliding around in the dry as it is plus I’m needing new rear tyres!! Lol!! That’s the sun just came out now so it’s all good!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, do you find the pops and bangs come at slightly lower revs on this setting. The throttle response is certainly much quicker ????

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

Morning mate!! Hard to say as I’ve got a Milltek 100 Cell Downpipe, Non-resonated Remus Cat Back and running a Stage 2 Map so my Pops n Bangs are all over the place mate… lol!! ??. What I will say is the Exhaust sound is EPIC!! ??. Crack the back windows open a couple of inches and let the fun begin….. Smile Power…. Sore cheeks guaranteed..??.

Cheers, Marc.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@brembo I’ve been using track, soft springs and ESC off but on also since wet… ? Even on today done a few full send out of junctions in the middle of nowhere with a spin and snatch feeling…

Ive also hung the 200 cell cat on the garage wall now and ordered the decat, should be here tomorrow ?

@bobcat
    day was clear and perfect today, just a shame i didn’t have more time to go back out ☹️ Was quite good last Saturday, me and the little one watching the Lombard

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

More bit’s for the to do pile ?

The pile is getting a bit of a job now tho! Just hoping the cast manifold would be in stock before it get tackled…. ?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 544 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to My NB RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!