My next car mk4 RS hybrid??

Home Forums General Members’ Cars My next car mk4 RS hybrid??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

RUMOUR.

I was chatting to a Ford insider at a track event.
    he knew loads about next year and planning. Sorting out poor dealers. Electric van V2L.
    but I got so excited when he described the focus RS coming next year.
    the opposite of a show off , he struggled to remember the launch date and settled on March 15th.
    It seems that Ford are so pleased at the durability of the MK3 drive train that they want to use it again.
    a 2.3 ST type engine with a 100 bhp electric boost. The battery constantly recharged even on tickover and obv regen braking. Unfortunately he could not describe the packaging.
    let’s hope it’s true and not an April 1st launch.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Would make sense, could be a nice car, very versatile. The OCD weight crowd will hate it for weighing a few tonne (They may all now be on the GRY Forum ..LOL).

I’d expect an RS Puma hybrid, as that would align to the future Rally championship and the way RS brand mirrors competition vehicles, well sometimes!

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I will watch with anticipation. But won’t hold my breath. If it’s based on a Puma may have to pass.

Coastliner

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

That’s good news. If I calculate my current mileage to be close to 200’000 km by next May I reckon a swap to a hybrid plug-in RS would come in very handy. And the quiet conscience comes free of charge 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds good but il see it to believe it.

440bhp

443lbft

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Just remember any possible RS will be in the region of £40K and probably £45K with all options.

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

they’re probably struggling with VEERING STEERING !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RST350
    Participant

United Kingdom

Coastliner even at 40-45K would definitely have one. Here’s hoping it’s true.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@RST350

It would depend on what it’s based on for me. Not an SUV fan and wouldn’t a hybrid be automatic.?

Coastliner

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

^ exactly that @coastliner. Will almost definitely be auto which is a massive negative for me. Will make the mk3 even more desirable as the last manual RS. Even now when out on the road you are surrounded by autos.

440bhp

443lbft

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Well found bobcat.
    sounds about it.
    matey said it was manual.
    but we know that would be difficult.
    nothing much else to sort out though.
    oh and over 50k.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

A new RS is massive news for the auto press.

It’s highly unlikely some random salesman that can’t even remember the launch date of the most important car launch of a Ford Halo product!!!

Is likely to be talking BS in my opinion

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

The MK3s Achillies heel is its weight. Adding hybrid tech will only make it worse and will have to take the power to well over 400 horses to make the car a viable performer in this day and age.

I can’t see it myself and hope they don’t do it if it turns out to be a hippo that’s no use on the twisties. RS badge deserves better. If its release is March, I’m sure we would have heard something more official already.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

It needs to be an RS Fiesta or RS KA !! Dave ! 300BHp and 1250kilos max.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to My next car mk4 RS hybrid??. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!