My Nitrous Blue Journey and Detail

Home Forums General Members’ Cars My Nitrous Blue Journey and Detail

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

After 1 year and 4 days wait I collected my RS the Saturday before last with the FPM 375 kit fitted

In short : I absolutely love it and it was definitely worth the wait. Still running it in at the moment so taking it easy but its still amazing to drive.

I asked the dealer not to wash it as I was taking it to my detailer (He is very thorough, does a great job and is very reasonably priced, I would highly recommend him. He also looks after my other cars too) . It went to the detailers on Saturday and this is the progress so far:

It’s having:

– Full decontamination

– Light enhancement

– Ceramic Coating (including callipers/wheels/exhaust tips)

– Interior protection

– Engine bay protection

Before

Initial snow foam and decontamination and another snow foam

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

Light enhancement, defects & removal (before&after) etc

Hopefully I haven’t made the pictures too small and lost the quality     more to come and some high resolution finished photos….

paul144
    Participant

UK - England

Very nice

Where did you go for detailing

A few bits and pieces added

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Looking good! I think I might do the same and tell dealer not to clean the car. Not worth the risk. It is a big investment to get all the ceramic protection but gives you peace of mind.

How was the condition of the paint?

What plans do you have for the car?

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

@paul144 thank you, I took it to a friend of mine (Nick) who does private, owner club etc detailing and he’s based in the midlands. He does a lot of detailing and has looked after my old MP215 fiesta and looks after my wife’s Focus ST too!

@Kenny
    I would say it’s definitely worth getting it detailed and ceramic coated!

Paint was generally OK a few defects here and there (some above) which Nick has sorted. There was one small chip which had obviously occured from assembly which I spoke to dealer about and we came to an arrangement and again Nick is going to sort it out for me. A lot of contamination!!

It already has the FPM 375 kit, Mountune mats (which I cut holes in and fitted clips for the passenger side mat), silver indicator bulbs, seat covers, ceramic coating …

On the way – bonnet struts & currently debating the Mountune axle back exhaust  but that will be it then!

P.s. not sure why some of the pics aren’t showing now?

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

Forgot the finished pics:

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

baz-2
    Participant

United Kingdom

very nice

baz2

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you 🙂

Since then I’ve done the following:

– Mudflaps / Nitrous Blue Bonnet Lifters / Mountune Axle Back Exhaust

Just waiting to get the Mountune SSC and hardpipe kitted.

Pics to follow!

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

NB brackets with stainless struts:

And Mountune Axle Back:

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

She’s looking great @hussey1

Ben Woods
    Participant

UK - England

@hussey1 looking smart, enjoying the picture. I have some bonnet struts were they tricky to fit?

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you @Kenny and thanks for sorting out the bonnet struts!

Ben Woods they were fairly straight forward to fit following the instructions, just need to be careful when pushing the metal brackets through the plastic part!

norwichrs
    Participant

UK - England

@hussey1 – looking really good – did the exhaust note change much with the axle back upgrade?

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

@norwichrs yes the exhaust note sounds a lot better with the Mountune axle back. I think it’s great personally as on my daily commute or on a long run there is no drone, however when you put your foot down you are rewarded with the wonderful noise! Pop’s and bangs are less artificial too. On cold start ups the exhaust can be slightly louder whilst it warms up.

Have you watched Shmee’s video on youtube? I think it’s a very honest review and gives a good indication of the difference over the standard exhaust.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to My Nitrous Blue Journey and Detail. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!