My Nitrous Blue Journey and Detail

Home Forums General Members’ Cars My Nitrous Blue Journey and Detail

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

norwichrs
    Participant

UK - England

@hussey1 – funny you mention that – I saw Shmee’s video today. I think with the benefit of the warranty not being affected etc it’s a good option.

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

Finally had my SSC and hard pipe kit fitted on Monday! It’s nice to no longer have the whistle noise on cold starts and when driving along sometimes.

The hard pipe kit was money well spent imo! The responsiveness and pickup is deffinitely noticeably better both in normal mode and sport mode!

Whilst it was in I had the ACM update done as was getting little to no sound out the rear speakers and sub even after fading the sound to the rear. It’s slightly better now the update is done but not a huge difference from what I can tell so far!

I now have all the Mountune warranty friendly parts fitted and I think the hard pipe kit is a well worth while investment! It ties the FPM375, cat back and SSC together nicely 🙂

vaultboydan
    Participant

UK - England

@ Hussey, who did you use for the detail and how much did it set you back? Looks great!

vaultboydan
    Participant

UK - England

Just read back through and spotted that it’s a mate in the Midlands, depending on where (and whether he accepts random clients) I’d be very interested to have a chat with him.

Cheers.

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

@Vaultboydan I used a friend of mine Nick Milne, who looks after my wife’s facelift focus ST3 and my mum’s MX5 as well as my RS. He also looked after my Fiesta MP215 previously. He does a great job and I would highly recommend him, he’s good value too IMO.  I think it was around £400 for everything but feel free to contact him for more information etc https://www.facebook.com/nm5212?fref=ts

vaultboydan
    Participant

UK - England

@hussey1 thanks mate, will definitely send him a message 🙂

warehou
    Participant

Australia

Hussey1

1. Are the headlight covers and windows aftermarket tint?
    2. Was the Ceramic coat done before or after tint?

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

@warehou

The headlights are standard, there isn’t any tint on them! The windows is the standard tint from the factory as part of the lux pack.

I had the car detailed and ceramic coated etc shortly after I picked the car up it had only done about 400-500miles.

Hope that helps 🙂

warehou
    Participant

Australia

Dont get lux pack here…dealer said they would tint car for free after long wait.

Intend to get my shadow black straight to the coating business off tow truck from dealer

Thanks for info

hussey1
    Participant

UK - England

O thats annoying, you’d think in a predominantly hot country they would offer the tinted windows as an option! no problem 🙂

A few pics from yesterday after Nick had washed it and sealed my new mountune exhaust 🙂

Ceramic coating doing its job well! Snow foam and rinse off and all dirt is gone (Before/After) rear:

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to My Nitrous Blue Journey and Detail. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!