My RS- Mountune M400

Home Forums General Members’ Cars My RS- Mountune M400

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Chrisbuer
    Participant

UK - England

I thought I’d post a proper progress thread here after posting a number of photos in the newbie section.

I’ve tinkered with the car a bit and fitted and tried out a few different things, but at the moment it’s pretty much perfect. The current spec is:

– Mountune M400 pack
    – 3″ V3X cat-back exhaust
    – OZ Racing Leggera HLT “m-Spec” 8.5×19″ wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres
    – Quaife ATB Differential
    – Mountune Roll Restrictor
    – Mountune sports springs
    – Mountune Billet Short-Shift Arm
    – Royal Steering Wheel re-trimmed steering wheel in alcantara
    – LED Bar rear headlight

I’ve also had the stock alloys powder coated in satin black and fitted with some Michelin Pilot Alpin tyres which are superb in the winter, especially the snow!

The car also spent a week at my local detailer having Gtechniq CS Black applied and it’s really holding up well. In fact it’s so easy to clean and still looks really good after a quick wash.

Steering wheel re-trim

I’ve not yet had the chance to take the car on track yet (I will) but I did do a drifting / car control day in it which was a lot of fun!

Last night I fitted the DSC controller and wow! It’s made a massive difference to the way the car handles. Not only that, it’s so much more composed over the bumpy stuff and it’s massively more settled under braking and acceleration. In fact I’m going to have to take it on track to find the limits as it’s got too much grip to find it on the road.

The car is going back to Mountune in a few weeks time to have some fast road pads and braided hoses fitted along with some better brake fluid.

Overall I love the car. It’s such a good package and does everything. Performance, handling with practicality. What’s not to like 🙂

billy3
    Participant

UK - England

Very  nice mate.

The car looks great.It’s actually making me think if should have gone NB instead of FW.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Billy, no. just NO mate !! ye canna beat white pal !!  …

plus.. statistically speaking, you are more likely to have an accident in a blue one !

( thats going to start a few off any moment..)

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

Where did you get the wheel re-trimmed & how much please?

Chrisbuer
    Participant

UK - England

@mooncat

I had it done through Royal Steering Wheels – http://www.royalsteeringwheels.com

They either do everything through the post – you take your wheel off, send it to them and they re-trim and send back. Or you can visit them.

I need my car so taking the wheel off for a week wasn’t an option, so I drove down there and they took my wheel off, put a stock RS wheel back on and I drove home. A week later I went back and they put my re-trimmed wheel on.

The cost was about £170 I think.

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

@Chrisbuer thanks mate, looks really good. Thought it might be royal steering wheels, think ill give it a go!!!

cigarman
    Participant

UK - Scotland

what a beauty!, very nice motor mate.

Mountune M400 with all the goodies.

jim rusbridge
    Participant

UK - England

OMG its ChrisB!

He of SELOC fame.

Im Jim, you know my brother Ben, your dad has his old T25.

I still run an Exige S and my bro a Elise Cup250.

Just bought an SG RS for a daily.

Guess will see you around!

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Do love that steering wheel

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

Great video with Markcup, certainly have a very special RS, the DSC unit seems amazing, but the way the Mountune 4oo delivers its power up top is special too, think I will be spending a lot next spring

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to My RS- Mountune M400. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!