My SG mini project build.

Home Forums General Members’ Cars My SG mini project build.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
  • Author

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

What is the Blue Fordy? ST200?

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

@ grunty-motor your right forged is the way to go, did say in about a years time πŸ™‚ watch my progress over the year and hopefully we will get there

you say on a bumpy road the rs will keep up, is that a bumpy un cambered road πŸ™‚

will add some more pics this afternoon and more updates.

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Yes it’s a mondeo πŸ™‚ it’s special to us because was used in The Grand Tour for the last studio audience in the Funeral for a Ford Episode. πŸ™‚

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Picture of door spears, just the pod and handbrake left on that list of to-do’s

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ll watch with interest!

but if your mate puts BM3 on or something……..you are FOOKED!

You will pass him at the next petrol station though πŸ˜‰

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Friends x4m is a pcp special, it will never be modded but it’s still rapid. I can see a VS coming up πŸ™‚ drag/track/road/depreciation πŸ™‚

It’s nothing serious just banter and friendly Micky taking. He calls the RS the bone shacker lol , I could of gone down PCP route but I’m a Essex lad in his 40’s who for first time purchased a car not for its practical needs or whats best for the family ( although 4 doors help massively) but because I have always wanted a RS and for first time finances and life allowed so brought what I really wanted πŸ™‚

my mondeo is my standard dont mod garage queen so RS was always going to be a toy and modded although I like the looks etc so look wise be kind of OEM + but being honest maybe its just my car but when your really on it I find it a little wanting so hoping to turn it Into the toy that not only puts huge smile on my face but also something I have 100 percent faith in not 90 percent like now. But all my upgrades take into thought that my wife loves driving the car and the family enjoy it so it won’t be a track day hero just better in my eyes.

Tomorrow when got laptop on I’ll upload a few more updates as easier to do with pics from that.

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Eibach Springs fitted last week, Not driven the car so can’t really tell what its done the ride but looks better πŸ™‚ ARB to be fitted shortly

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

End Result, My drive is far from flat so not a true reflection on how she sits but till get out can’t take a better pic πŸ™‚

Also 2 x PS4’s fitted on front, Rears to come next month. As not going anywhere thought spread the cost out and be lucky if I do 10 miles in that time but fronts was like slicks so just in case need to use in next few weeks she is legal πŸ™‚

Might Notice the new user name πŸ™‚ Thanks Kenny

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Can also see the new Ford Sport Ariel……Its pants don’t bother but looks bit better and I use CarPlay most of time but Sharkfin way to go I think

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks to Kenny and the club shop my next little purchase arrived yesterday. I have a few additional security devices but none very visual so although it’s big and cumbersome while car parked up i think it might help. More good exciting stuff to come in next few days and weeks πŸ™‚

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Cant go wrong with a bit of visual deterrent. Cars looking very niceπŸ‘

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

You need some Bilt Hamber Atom Mac for them discs.

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

@davers3 your not wrong there, it’s one of my biggest pet hate is how quick they look like that after a wash. On plus side in the boot is new disc and pads waiting to be fitted on Friday πŸ™‚ I’ll take better care of this set!

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Rear tyres changed to PS4’s yesterday (guy came to house) the old tyres still had 3.5mm of tread but manufactured in 2016. The fitter said although tread level fine due to the age the tyres had it, something about oils in the tyre and mine old and dry thus why car pulling like a pig under load, went for a quick 20 min drive and can confirm VS 1000 times improved on the new tyres.

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Well aware she needs a clean πŸ™‚ these also arrived in post today, cant stand the blue badge and silver nuts, black nuts to follow πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to My SG mini project build.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!