My SG mini project build.

Home Forums General Members’ Cars My SG mini project build.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Larger rear disc upgrade

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Did another track day in December in freezing conditions – was great fun. Even got a black/white flag for drifting ๐Ÿ™‚

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Planning on hitting the track again in February so have the RS booked in soon for another service and thought all was well but last week on my way home from a local RSOC meet and few minutes from home the car lost all power, vibrations throughout the car and engine sounding like bucket of nails.

fearing my bottom end has just let go I decide to limp the last few miles home. Once home itโ€™s dead. Wont start. No lights on dash tho. So thinking itโ€™s bottom end in a sulk I send the RS away again

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Credit where credit due. My car was dropped off with little notice, not booked in and on back of transporter. By 10am itโ€™s up and running.

Turns out my HPFP has decided to come apart from its bracket – a used one fitted for testing and I get the call and a huge sigh of relief ๐Ÿ™‚

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Credit where credit due. My car was dropped off with little notice, not booked in and on back of transporter. By 10am itโ€™s up and running.

Turns out my HPFP has decided to come apart from its bracket – a used one fitted for testing and I get the call and a huge sigh of relief ๐Ÿ™‚

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

So now that me up to date. picked up the car today after new pump fitted and very happy.

got the service next week then time for some more track time before the summer show season starts ๐Ÿ™‚

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I bet that was a huge relief. Do they know why it failed like that? Im loving the brake and wheel combo. I think i might try some silver alloys this year.

440bhp

443lbft

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Excellent result!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-backโ€ฆ.and RS seat covers!

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Have to say, haven’t heard of that failure before.ย  It’s a mechanical thing so there’s always the possibility, I guess.ย  Luckily it’s not internal otherwise there would have been debris to deal with!

JohnD

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

makes you wonder if its taken a knock or something if the engines been in and out ever,as its quite vulnerable sat on the top ,main thing is it didnt cause any damage and was an easy bolt on fix

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the comments, @matt.b the calipers are more of the RS badge blue – I like them but need to get rears done to match (another little job)

As for the fuel pump, I think itโ€™s just unlucky or lucky depending how you look at it ๐Ÿ™‚ Garage said only seen it happen once and that was on there track Fiesta ST. ย Not going to worry about it now just glad to have the RS back. Coming home via A505 was fun drive after not having it for a week ๐Ÿ™‚

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Of course, if the head gasket was replaced, the high pressure pump would have been removed.ย  So it’s probably been off before!

JohnD

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

@johnd most things on my car been on/off multiple times – could be down to that, the millage or number of track days or just unlucky. Been for a nice drive tonight. The car feels great. I love the RS when all works ๐Ÿ™‚

wackka
    Participant

UK - England

Loving the build. Similar routes I have taken or thinking of taking.

Racing is life

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to My SG mini project build.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!