NASTY PAINTWORK ISSUE!!

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing NASTY PAINTWORK ISSUE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Yes Marc 4mm pvc and they go all the way to Fords baby flap, that way you do not get folk shouting out “mind the gap” if you were to have the Mt or whatever the other ones are. innit.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, I have to say bda has probably the best solution to Flaps, I yield to his better fitting, his do go up to the mini Ford Flaps, and arguably better fitting fronts too ??

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Evening all!! Just picked up ma baby from the Bodyshop and they’ve done a cracking job!! ??.

BEFORE….

AFTER….

CLOSE UP….

Delighted with paint finish and I’ve finally made my acquaintance with the elusive N/S/R Baby-flap..!! What a gorgeous flap it is too..!! Haha!! ??.

Thats 2 x warranty claims (well 3 if you include the Head Gasket) dealt with promptly and couldn’t ask for a better outcome!! Very happy!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@marc, top result, pics look good ?

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

lovely job Marc, I’m a big fan of small tidy flaps. On the RS though , its big pvc flaps all the way

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat @71-bda

Cheers lads!! Yeah I’m well happy with the outcome there!! Just need to get my Daddy-Flaps ordered now!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@coastliner

Thread bumped for your perusal mate!! It was an absolute success!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo

Thanks for that pleased you got it sorted.

Coastliner

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

I stumble late onto this thread and the first thing I read is about “big flaps” pmsl 🙂

WAWRS.
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hello

Just realised my new RS is also missing the little flap/splash guard on the N/S Rear . Just contacted Ford’s.

Brembo did you have to replaced the whole  arch liner?

Had a Frozen White RS

Then a

Red Edition RS  

Went away to sample others before realising where my heart lies

Now have a

Nitrous Blue Edition RS 💙 

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Wow that is worrying, brembo I’ve just checked on mine & your one seems to be more central than mine , have a look and make your own mind , ( pic )

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Apologise about my flaps , I’ve just read the feed properly this time , them new flaps do look a lot better, & your right they have done a cracking job . 👍✋😀

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Where is Brembo these days. Surely not still in the North Sea?

NB FPM375

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I think he is on Face Tube, instawhatts or such things might be book of apps . I think GM knows 😂

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

He is still about looks like he looked in on us today. How you doing  @Brembo

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to NASTY PAINTWORK ISSUE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!